A-Baum

Servo not working...doa?

Posted a response in another thread but wondering if anyone has seen DOA servers or maybe can help troubleshoot. I got an SPT4412LV low profile servo for my super astute. Plugged in to a S-FHSS receiver run by a futaba 3pv.  Electronics all work except the servo.  If I swap the servo with an s3003 it works immediately.  Does that mean the servo is doa or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I do notice how much more difficult it is to turn the servo horn with my finger on the SPT than it is on the S3003. No idea if that's related.  Thanks!

Yes, I had DOA servos before, although not the way you described. Got them exchanged no problem, or in the case of "El-cheapo" types, straight into the bin. 

Sounds DOA to me, especially since the S3003 works fine. I have quite a few of those SPT servos and all mine work well, including with that exact radio (not that that matters)

The only thing would be check that its plugged in the right way (different colour wires between those 2 servos), but most likely its faulty.

Was it purchased from Ebay? I was buying SPT and another hi torq brand (which at the moment I can not recall name!) and all was fine.Then a couple were not as good.On closer inspection they were copies. Only slight but you could tell in case colour etc.

Not completely dead, but a not right.

Sent back to Modelsport, and they exchanged it no bother.

On 1/22/2022 at 5:38 PM, Willy iine said:

Is the polarity collect?  (just wondering)

Great question. Checked both ways (it's not keyed) and it's definitely DOA.  It was off eBay which apparently is the only place the get stuff in the states anymore. LHS have no servos in stock under $125.  Tower selection is limited. 

3 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

Great question. Checked both ways (it's not keyed) and it's definitely DOA.  It was off eBay which apparently is the only place the get stuff in the states anymore. LHS have no servos in stock under $125.  Tower selection is limited. 

That sucks.  I know what you mean by everyone being out of stock.  I too had to order my last Savox through eBay.