catman79

mud blaster build advice

hi all,

so after a while of looking for a nice mud blaster and having no success, i have decided to build one. my thoughts was to get a re re blackfoot, swap the tyres for mb ones and to fit a re re brat hard body set, and some repro decals, would this give me a correct mudblaster? or is there anything else that differs?

When it comes to kit bashing, only yourself can say you are correct or not. Just enjoy yourself making an unique car. Have fun. 

1 hour ago, catman79 said:

hi all,

so after a while of looking for a nice mud blaster and having no success, i have decided to build one. my thoughts was to get a re re blackfoot, swap the tyres for mb ones and to fit a re re brat hard body set, and some repro decals, would this give me a correct mudblaster? or is there anything else that differs?

Pretty much . You would also need the Brat body mounts tree F parts #0005349

@catman79Are you looking to go totally stock Mud Blaster? Then yeah a Blackfoot rere would give you everything needed, including the yellow wheels and the black friction shocks. And as you say the correct Monster Beetle shared tyres could be purchase separately for about £30. Another alternative would be to start with the Monster Beetle as you'd then get the upgraded yellow CVA shocks and you simply need to buy a set of yellow wheels, about £12-15.

I wasn't sure if the rear body mounts differ from Blackfoot to Brat. They are certainly different on the Monster Beetle as it is side mounted through the body at the rear. The front mount on the Beetle and Blaster are the same, guessing the front is also the same on the Blackfoot.

If you can I'd look for/hold out for/pay the extra for an original set of stickers. They do pop up from time to time and the repro options available out there are not quite up to the task imo, that's if you're going for an absolute replica shelfer for example.

53 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

Pretty much . You would also need the Brat body mounts tree F parts #0005349

I can concur this + a Black Editon MB gives you something like this..

4F2D23E0-DC4D-4C52-BB60-CC75793E0882.jpg

I was just mixing and matching between my Brat & MB one day.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Looks excellent . I prefer this finish to the M/Blaster decals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

I wasn't sure if the rear body mounts differ from Blackfoot to Brat.  

They are indeed different. The rear Blackfoot mounts are the typical round type, but the Brat rears are a funny sort of pyramid shape as the holes in the back of the Brat body are square. 

• Thanks 1

Apologies to @catman79 for a now photo bombed thread, but I can recommend what your looking at doing its a great looking thing in the flesh 👍🏻

46 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

i like that, alot! what did you do re the body mounts

9 hours ago, catman79 said:

i like that, alot! what did you do re the body mounts

As I had the Brat and the MB (not suggesting that you buy both) but, if you did it would give you everything you need.
Put the Brat on the MB chassis, and the MB body on the Brat chassis for a ‘poor man’s’ Scorcher as they are more affectionately know 😉

All I did for the one in the photo is add the rear body post’s from part tree  F #0005439 of a Brat kit to the MB chassis. As pointed out by @KEV THE REV earlier.

Those posts are in the box for the other polycarbonate body that also comes in the Brat kit.

image.md.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

As I had the Brat and the MB (not suggesting that you buy both) but, if you did it would give you everything you need.

Would it give you everything you need though? Would it give you a warm hug on a cold, dark and lonely night? Would it brush your hair before you went to bed? Would it lick your toes to wake you up in the morning because it needs to go to toilet?

• Haha 4

Well in all honesty @jonboy1, not entirely all that because I don’t have enough hair left for it to brush anyway 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Well in all honesty @jonboy1, not entirely all that because I don’t have enough hair left for it to brush anyway 😉

well @Re-Bugged, maybe you could swap roles and brush its hair?

51tYXyD5NHL._AC_.jpg

• Haha 3