Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Solid Axle Monatertruck racing Infos

Hello,

i want to build some mobile Ramps and Obstacles for retro style Courses.

What are the most common Ramps?

What are the Dimensions?

What are the Angles and Transisions?

Are they just made by eye ore are there any regulations?

What do you use for Crushingcars? I do not have Lexanshells and would use Cars made from Cardboard and/or Foam.

Is there a good Site with Infos about rules, Sizes, regulations etc.?

On 1/25/2022 at 5:16 AM, whahooo said:

Hello,

i want to build some mobile Ramps and Obstacles for retro style Courses.

What are the most common Ramps?

What are the Dimensions?

What are the Angles and Transisions?

Are they just made by eye ore are there any regulations?

What do you use for Crushingcars? I do not have Lexanshells and would use Cars made from Cardboard and/or Foam.

Is there a good Site with Infos about rules, Sizes, regulations etc.?

I have seen most of the J concepts and trigger King vids from the US seem to use a variety of ramps . There is no one standard  for ramps or crib cars that I have seen. 
I would scour yard sales and charity thrift shops for broken toy cars that are “close enough “ to scale by eyeball. 
most real monster truck races they usually tend to paint all the crush cars one monochrome color. 
however, if you are going for a retro Stage 1 or stage 2 80’s-90s look , they often left cars with their natural finish. 

Yea, i was planing to do that...

Or, get a bit more toyish and tape some old empty beercans togheter that i can Paint in blue or Red to get that Crushing effect.

Mad Ax also did a thread on TC where he built a couple of ramps. Nicely detailed how-to.

Personally I would be inclined to find a nice dirt area to run on and build the ramps from the drit, just compact it. Would give a nice realistic running area imo 👍. That's what I plan on doing sometime.

James.

18 hours ago, whahooo said:

Yea, i was planing to do that...

Or, get a bit more toyish and tape some old empty beercans togheter that i can Paint in blue or Red to get that Crushing effect.

That’s a great idea!  You could print paper cut outs that look like cars and glue them on the give a touch more realism.  It would be a fun and cheap project.  And gathering the materials is always fun!  🍺🍺🍺

So, i found that Article about Scale Crushingcars:

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/monster-truck-madness-good-looking-crushed-cars-and-trucks/

They look amazing!

Sadly, we do not have theese sort oft 1:10 Scale Cars.

We only have the Matchbox/Hotwheelcars, a bit bigger Cars (BBurago, etc) and Barbie Toy Cars.

But there aren`t a lot of 1:10 scale cheap Toycars for Crushing that i could use. A Barbie Car would cost between 10 and 30 Dollars.

So i will stick to crushing Beercans, they do not look as good or scale but they are so "crushy". I think it would be very pleasent to crush them.