Sign in to follow this  
Nikko85

CEN racing Monster Trucks

I was wondering what people's impressions of these might be please? Good parts support? Hard wearing? Fun to drive? Any issues?

I am somewhat tempted by the CEN Q series, as a final monster truck to the collection, but I've not heard much about them here or elsewhere. A few good videos, but sometimes it's hard to know what is paid sponsorship and what is a honest review.

Thanks in advance

Q series? Not sure if that's what I have. I have a Cen HL150 solid axle 1/10 monster truck. I have wrote alot about it in my livery thread. 👍

James.

I have the Q series Fiat. Only driven it a couple of times, but it definitely has potential. The steering is garbage; way too much slop. I plan to address that by moving the servo to the front axle and linking it directly. But otherwise it drives a lot like a WR02, only more stable in turns.

Assembly was straightforward, but the instructions aren't great. If you're familiar with how an RC car goes together, you won't have much trouble, but I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. Otherwise, good quality hardware and plastics, nice fit and finish. Lots of self-tapping screws, very Tamiya-like.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the tires are garbage. They have some kind of mold-release stuff on them that won't wash off, feels kinda waxy. I replaced mine with an old set of Lunchbox tires.

Great value, especially considering it comes with full bearings. And the body shell is nice, and pre-cut! Sadly, no window masks are included, so I took the easy way out and used the included blackout decals for the windows. You could mask them by hand easily enough if you wanted to.

• Thanks 1