Zealot

TRF420X

I’m with you! My plan was to wait till someone on RCTECH buys the 420X and a week later sells it for less than half  because everyone else runs Xray. 

But then my local track closed down so I don’t need a $500 shelfer 😫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got back into on road recently and couldn't bring myself to spend £500+ on a touring car. Got a TA05 with some nice hopups on the go at the moment and it's been great!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raman36 said:

I’m with you! My plan was to wait till someone on RCTECH buys the 420X and a week later sells it for less than half  because everyone else runs Xray. 

But then my local track closed down so I don’t need a $500 shelfer 😫

The Shelf queen is always an option to have on the ready. Sucks your track closed. Sad when any track closes. My closest track is an hour drive. 

• Like 1

Two Tamiya racers made it into the top 10 with their 420X’s at yesterday’s German Nationals.

Arena33 hosted the event, and Marc Reinhard was victorious but we need to give credit to Tim Kohmann & Dai Sakaguchi for their performances.

P7 & P8 are respectable results for this level, and I think show that the car is more than capable of wins in the right hands.

Congratulations to Marc, Tim & Dai!

Luke

71DFDD27-1F14-4287-A72F-9269196CDA28.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well done Sakaguchi.. I’ll have to post this on RCtech where he frequents

• Like 1

They both did excellently in the race. Their third finals were really impressive, Tim managed third in that one. All the drivers I know who have the TRF420X have only found the car to be very quick and competitive with anything else out there. It's just a shame that there are no Team drivers anymore to really showcase the cars, as someone like Marc is always going to showcase how a car can shine. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, qatmix said:

They both did excellently in the race. Their third finals were really impressive, Tim managed third in that one. All the drivers I know who have the TRF420X have only found the car to be very quick and competitive with anything else out there. It's just a shame that there are no Team drivers anymore to really showcase the cars, as someone like Marc is always going to showcase how a car can shine. 

Not going to lie, Marc running a TRF again would possibly make me fanboy even more 😂

I will, at some point add and MRE to the collection!

Luke

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Is Marc still running Amx? 

Yeah looks like it

28 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Is Marc still running Amx? 

Yeah, he’s not signed to any manufacturer as such, and races for Tonisport I believe, so he’s able to choose what he wants.

Luke

• Like 1

I’m digging this thread with all the off topic stuff of EU subsidies, Xray and price comparison etc.  And also references to TA series like TA04, TA06, TA07, TA08 and TC01.  The good race results certainly help in spreading the Tamiya love.  But I just wanna chill with some soft house music & a good build.  Enjoy the vids guys if you haven’t seen them already. 

TAMIYA TRF420X | Unboxing & Build

Tamiya TRF420X vs TA07MSX | Mid-Rear Motor vs Mid-Motor

• Like 1