Soon I will get a Tamiya Bullhead. 

I got it locally for 160 with installed Ball ratings and a Savöx Servo..... 

Here are the Pictures:

547_278980758.thumb.jpg.019a71e3d42e74617772c7245516d850.jpg547_215081266.thumb.jpg.55240da3c021aab61f3f3cd13a8d711a.jpg547_-692787034.thumb.jpg.c42d13fd39533aadabebb49a59d6ce63.jpg547_-692787034.thumb.jpg.c42d13fd39533aadabebb49a59d6ce63.jpg547_368370982.thumb.jpg.8bb70e51462575ce4636328229356167.jpg547_-692787034.thumb.jpg.c42d13fd39533aadabebb49a59d6ce63.jpg547_1830016105.thumb.jpg.dfd1518fad4587ec953a437bb9cb1304.jpg547_1716312100.thumb.jpg.693523c6154d172d480809c62d78080b.jpg547_-1074733605.thumb.jpg.5247fa02a3096a4154f6c32a72c8d5c0.jpg

Sadly the Radio is not included (then I would have be glad to pay that price) And the Battery holder is missing (you can see that on the last Picture). 

So now I don't know what to do with it. 

1.) Should I recreate a Bullhead, never liked that model because it's stumpiness and high COG. (but loved the red chassis)

2.) Should I do a "Super Pete"? I never saw an RC Version of it and it has so tiny wheels, so the Clod Wheels wouldn`t look scale....
Maybe that would be a better fit for another Chassis....

spacer.pngspacer.png

3.) Should I keep the Body and create a looooong Wheelbase?  It would help the COG Problem and it would look better optical wise....
When i coose the long Wheelbase Pete/Bullhead look, i would install a Behind the Axle Setup. Can i install the Behind the Axlé Steeringkit without a Problem with the stock Chassis and Leddderbars? The BTA Steeringkit is for the Regulatorchassis....

4.) Or should i put a black Pickup Body on it? i love the Black/Red/Yellow combination of the Mountainmonster made by @87lc2 ?

3.JPG

But i do not know what Body i could fit to it and what Graphics i could stick on it. The mountain Monster is my Favorite, but i can`t copy that, i wouldn`t feel good.

What Monstertrucks had a black Body??

What Trucks had a red Chassis?

I found one, it would be a Carolina Crusher. I like the yellow Paintjob:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don`t like the Yellow Red Paintjob:

spacer.png

I like the 3 Color Paintjob, but maybe it is to modern.....:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

There is also the Aussie Avanger. I like the Idea of not using a Pickup Body, but i´m a Fan of simple Graphics (Stripes, Wordart, etc.) I´m not a Fan of Skulls, Flames, Explosions and other Stuff, the only overloaded Artwork i love is the Grave Digger:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

5.) Or the last Option fo me would be a Diggerlike Body or a Van Body, but there i either do not know what Trucks with such Bodys existed exept that real life Lunchbox Truck and the Grave Digger. But with such a Digger Body you have a lot of Optionsfor Paintjobs. The Job of @Insane_jim_69 looks very very good.

dltqK9I.jpeg

6 .) also a Schoolbus themed Truck would be awesome.

But i do not like the Higher Education Truck. I do like the King Yellow, but the Body has 3 Wheelarches.....     ...so i probably get a King Yellow anyway when my wife doesn`t look :D

spacer.png

• Like 1

Congrats! The Bullhead had passed me by until I returned to Tamiya last year. I actually really like the body, over the top and very Tamiya!

Lots of good options there and I don’t think I can help as I would probably keep the body. 

P.S. good luck sneaking the King Yellow in unnoticed ;) 

P.P.S. If you decide to go non-bullhead please let me know, I would love to buy the body!

Ok, you have the "Dip" on it. But bare in mind that Austria is not Australia (even some People from other countrys think hat), so there will be some Postage. And the Body as you can see on the Pictures are not the prettiest.

I think i will go the Carolina Crusher Route, even MCI has not the exact Decals i would wish for:
https://mciracing.ca/products/1-10th-monster-truck-crusher-decals

Iwould love to have the Crusher Letters from the first Picture i posted. I mean theese 3D Letters made from crushed Stone or something....

But the older Crusher even has chrome Ladderbars, so maybe i try that one....
spacer.png

Is the 2nd Carolina Crusher a 1988 Chevy Silverado?

That Body would be available by JConcepts

ccc.thumb.jpg.1583708be36de2d116870a623735db11.jpgcccc.jpg.fe3d4279b8d29058c66472ed14402b22.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, whahooo said:

I think i will go the Carolina Crusher Route

The Bullhead was my first Clod style truck I bought as a freshman in high school (thank goodness I didn't get the Kyosho USA-1). After much much saving and scrimping, Great Northern Hobbies had one on discount for $199.00 - about $50 cheaper than usual or a Clod. Being stuck with the red chassis on watching Tuff Trax 1:1 monster truck racing constantly meant a Carolina Crusher clone instantly came to my mind as well. I never got around to doing it but I look forward to what you come up with.

• Like 1

Yeah the Carolina Crusher is ace, loved that truck when I was a kid. But the later droop snoot version imo looks best. JConcepts also do a droop snoot body too. Only hurdle would be extending thee wheelbase as the clod chassis has a silly small wheelbase that just looks wrong on so many levels 🤔

carolina-crusher3.jpg&ehk=T3IDzIke02x%2B

That gets my vote. 👍

James.

Yea, i like that tripple Paint sceme. But that is a to modern Tubeframe Truck.

I think i will be going for the yellow Crusher 2 or the crusher 1 maybe eben in black.

But the Crusher v2 is my favorite so far. Does anyone know what body that is? Is it the Silverado 88?

Congrats on the Bullhead!  Crusher 1 was a 72 C10 body, Crusher 2 was an 88 Silverado body, and the first Crusher race truck (#3) was the  88 Snoop Nose.  Unfortunately the JConcepts Snoop Nose is a 13" wheelbase, but their 88 or 70 bodies will work well.  Not really a fan of the #2 truck without a rollbar, just looks off to me.  With a Bullhead I'd go with the original 72 C10 in yellow with a roll bar.  Nothing says you cant use more modern graphics on it, just go with whatever looks good.  I think these would look good on the 70 in yellow - https://mciracing.ca/products/1-10th-monster-truck-crusher-v2-decals on this body - https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/1970-chevy-k10-body-clod-buster-stampede

Super Pete has standard 66x43x25 wheels/tires, reason they look small is because that Peterbilt body is huge compared to a regular pickup body.  Also, RC monster trucks tires are not scale, their generally too wide and the wheels are too big. 

If you want to do a Mountain Monster truck go for it!  The original truck is local to me and it was actually a 79 Ford so mine isn't even a replica.  It's more of a Mountan Monster #2 Stage 2 truck had Kid built one.  The original was sold to a guy in Japan if I remember correctly, not sure what became of it.  

I didn't realised that a rollbar could bug me :D

I liked the Crusher, until now....   Now I think that the missing rollbar could bug me..... 

But I think I stay with The Carolina Crusher #2. 

I ordered the Chassis enlargement Plate already.... 

If I would do a super Pete Tribute I have to make a bigger brace to get a larger Wheelbase. I do not just want a Truck for looks, it also should perform. 

I'm also thinking about getting 110mm or 120mm Shocks or if I should try the internal Spring shocks. 

But I think I'll stay with the 120mm shocks with the piggyback style thingies.... 

Are there other Trucks with red chassis @87lc2

Edit:

Here we have a Carolina Crusher tribute:

cccccccc.jpg.c3ac69b03696abd313e6a0448f6a9c27.jpg

Thats the look i want to archieve, only with a slightly longer Wheelbase and Doubleshocks (i would love the internalspring shocks, but they seem to be cra*)

Also i don`t know what Servomount i should choose.....
I want Servomounts that do not interfeere with the Suspension. On the Picture it seems that someone had to cut the Chassis for more Servoclearence.

• Like 1

You can run the JConcepts Regulator BTA steering kits, I'm converting my Mountain Monster truck to those as we speak.  As for shocks, 120mm seems long for a Clod.  I prefer to keep the truck as low as possible, but if you want it to sit high the long shocks are a lift kit will work.  

My Phantasie Bigfoot (wrong Body not all the Stripes) uses 120mm shocks  (a bit angled so  minus a few mm)1641324677468706721650.jpg

I like to have super soft Shocks and get the 10 to 20 mm sag (in reallity it is more the 10 mm) but that meany i have to use those stabilisator Rods to get a nice soft supsension but not tremendios Bodyrolling....

Maybe i try 110 mm shocks.....

My Chassis isn`t modified (exept that stretchplate for the Wheelbase) so the Gearbox will hit the Chassis if i would let it fall from 2 meters or so....

1 Meter is a fine height for landing my stockish bigfootish clod.

EDIT:

The BTA Steering just died for me :D

It would cost me 65 Euros per Axle without a Servo and without Taxes, so you could say 75 Per Axle without a Servo :D
And the Seller (UK Monsters says that this BTA Kit won`t fit the stock Clod Chassis)

I will choose the next better option maybe one of those:

https://www.ebay.at/itm/194694208258?hash=item2d54addb02:g:nsoAAOSwXwRfT79d

https://www.ebay.at/itm/255037721939?hash=item3b616ecd53:g:vZkAAOSwP25g0-dT

What gives you more Space for the Suspension?

Unfortunately both of those will hit the chassis with the extended wheelbase.  The first one is what I run and does not hit with stock wheelbase, but hits with the extended plate.  Only way around it is to raise the truck or cut the chassis.  

I will use the Servomounts from @Madinventor.

What Color should i use for that Carolina Rusher Body?? Tamiya PS-6 ?

And would the Chrome or black Ladderbars fit the Model better?

For the Decals:

Nathanel wrote me that he has following Decals. But the first Sheet does not have the red line with that heartbeat Wave.

The second one has that Line, but it isn`t red....   Also the Rusher Logo from the first Decals sheet looks very poor and i think it would need some polish.

Your links dont work for me but I can confirm one of his Crusher sets has horrible graphic quality, I ordered it a while back and threw it in the trash.  That's why I recommended the other, I have that one and the printing is clear. 

Chrome ladder bars would look cool and be different.  Be careful if that's an original Bullhead, the bars along with most of the other plastics will be very brittle.  When I got my second hand original Bullhead a few years back I pretty much broke all of the plastics after a few runs which is why mine runs black Clod bars now.  

For color PS6 will work, that's what my Thunder Chicken is painted, backed in white then black.  

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 4:10 AM, whahooo said:

ut i do not like the Higher Education Truck. I do like the King Yellow, but the Body has 3 Wheelarches.....     ...so i probably get a King Yellow anyway when my wife doesn`t look :D

Parma made a school bus for the T-E Maxx that didn’t have the 6 wheel arches of the King Yellow. 
I Think it may still be available 

https://parmapse.shptron.com/p/1-10-school-bus-clear-040-body

it still shows up on their web site. 270mm/10.625" Wheelbase and 185mm/7.25" Wide
I also happen to have an unpainted one I was considering putting on an HPI WheelyKing 

• Like 1

Thanks for that Info.

Ialready bought an chevrolet Body.

The schoolbus would cost me more than 100 Bucks anyways and i think the Tamiya King Yellow looks just a bit better with its blockier Look.

And i wrote 2 People with king Yellows, so i will getting one in a few weeks (or Days?). It would have be awesome if Tamiya made a Clodversion of the Kinf Yellow with a new Chassis :D.

The King Yellow looks awesome and it seems to make a lot of fun driving it, but it is 1:18 Scale, so near a Lunchbox it doesnt look scale and the Lunchbox doesn`t look scale to the Clodbuster :D

8 hours ago, whahooo said:

It would have be awesome if Tamiya made a Clodversion of the Kinf Yellow with a new Chassis :D.

Would that be an Emperor Yellow ? 

5 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

Would that be an Emperor Yellow ?

My Bing Research tells me that "empeor Yellow" is an a Alien who was an Empeor of China 2711 BC that died at the Age of 113 Years.

PS:

I got a King Yellow deal!

I got my Chevy Body.

16440552351901949462540.thumb.jpg.fea07e36283e346d2c696444b6c7c90b.jpg

And my Clod and the Hobbywing ESC did came too:

1644055684499-284897254.thumb.jpg.05168da862c723a1e0f90d28834f3c82.jpg

I have a yellow Spraycan, a Hobbywing ESC and a Set of 4 E-maxx Bigbore Shocks or 4 red Chinashocks....

16440571356101997312719.thumb.jpg.8a49e6c1d91e3281d8749114250e4a43.jpg

I will get a Chassis brase fo a longer Wheelbase.

Now i don't know what to do. I Want a plain yellow Carolina Crusher, but there are no decals for it. I would have to buy 2 sheets and the one sheet has a "sheety" crusher Graphic on it.

The Carolina Crusher v2 sheet would be for a 2 color Paintjob. But i prefer the Yellow Paintjob.....

Also i'm not very pleased with the Shocks i have.

I really want to ride 2 shocks (or more like the real CC). The big bores work fine but only if you use 1 per Wheel.

Than i could buy INJORA shocks like the ones on my Bigfoot lookalike, but they do leak..... even with green slime an you cant put red Tamiya O Rings in there......

I would love to try internal spring shocks:

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003363969695.html?spm=a2g0n.detail.0.0.1dc0767cZpHxGa&gps-id=platformRecommendH5&scm=1007.18499.231170.0&scm_id=1007.18499.231170.0&scm-url=1007.18499.231170.0&pvid=7839c930-50e4-46d7-a2a1-cb48ba1553e5&_t=gps-id:platformRecommendH5,scm-url:1007.18499.231170.0,pvid:7839c930-50e4-46d7-a2a1-cb48ba1553e5,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238110%231995&pdp_ext_f=null&pdp_pi=-1%3B9.38%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BEUR%3Brecommend-recommend

But they are junk....     .....or not?

Could they leak when you put them in upsidedown?

Edit: i do have 8 China Alzminium shocks, i think they do not leak, but i think the Springs are too stiff for a Double Shock Setup...

Would red Shocks on a red Chassis would look fine or odd?

Now i somehow like the Bullhead Body.....

Here are the Oildampers that i have layong around:

1644152309847-731455386.thumb.jpg.1644313dabb398753d87a9100aaea0a8.jpg16441523467001702415270.thumb.jpg.d084bbc371bc5a761ed2dbcb0139f306.jpg

A Wheelbase Comparision:

10 hours ago, whahooo said:

Now i somehow like the Bullhead Body...

Nice! I love there triple shock look! ;)

As for the body, I'm glad it's growing on you. On first look I found it too much of a novelty but as you know I'm now a big fan. Keep posting more pics!

I just want to run a double shock setup. And i`m not a fan of mixing different shocks. I putted that one just in so see and show how the red shocks that i have left ofer would look on the red chassis.

If i start to build the CC replica, i would love to use the internal shocks upsideown AND i would love to use 3 or 4 on each Wheel.

BUT:

1.)

@87lc2 or @Saito2 said that they are not good for MTs. I would have bought the cheap ones from "injoura" and would hope that they wouldnt leak upsidedown.

2..) i would not know how to mount them to the Wheel (the chassis has several mountingpoints.).

Nathaneal wrote me that he now has Carolina Crusher original Graphicks in Stock:

https://mciracing.ca/collections/all/products/1-10th-monster-truck-crusher-original-decals?sort_by=manual

But the red Line on the Side of the Truck is Red on all of the Pictures i could find, there is no Version with that Cyan/Magenta Line (the Line from the front to the Back)...

spacer.png

Is there a CC version with that Cyan/Magenta Line and the original graphic?

If not should i take it anyway? He did that Decalsheet for me......    ....i feel bad for asking if he could change it...

On 2/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, whahooo said:

I would love to try internal spring shocks

So do I, they look much better, 2 on per wheel B) 

3 on per with supersoft spring might work