Sign in to follow this  
Sillyoldelf

Tamiya Hilux Mountaineer vs High Lift Body - Are they the same?

Been trying to find the answer to this but can't find any information.

Can anyone tell me if the re-release 4x4 Mountaineer body is the same as the one used High Lift hilux kit?

Thanks

If my Toyota hilux bruiser/mountaineer/highlift/hg-p407  is anything to go by I have a very wide mixture of truck parts in my experiment here and they all seem to fix together no problem? the front is tamiya bruiser the back is hg-p407 the roll bar is off the highlift and so it goes on! All fitted no problem🤷‍♂️

20220130_131709.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks. That truck looks awesome.

Did you fit the slipper clutch? I'm just building one and wondering if it is necessary but can't find any instructions on how to fit it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sillyoldelf said:

That truck looks awesome.

Yes it does !! . I would like my vintage Mounty to look like that when it's restored

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sillyoldelf said:

Thanks. That truck looks awesome.

Did you fit the slipper clutch? I'm just building one and wondering if it is necessary but can't find any instructions on how to fit it.

I've not fitted the slipper clutch because it's just running a standard 540 sliver can! I would fit one if I had a more powerful motor but it only bops around the back garden and considering the design of the truck is 30+ years old it's a brilliant rc truck I've just got to paint the drive figure and finish off the interior but it has bits off all the hi-lux range of rc trucks on it so you could probably call it a hybrid clone? 

21 hours ago, Sillyoldelf said:

i fitted the sllipper clutch in my bruiser but have yet to use it but i am sure i still have the instructions that came with it 

Ok thanks. Was it easy to fit and can you remember what parts it replaced in the kit?

Was hoping to find a build guide somewhere but none of them mention fitting it.

21 hours ago, Sillyoldelf said:

Ok thanks. Was it easy to fit and can you remember what parts it replaced in the kit?

Was hoping to find a build guide somewhere but none of them mention fitting it.

its a thing of beauty tbh shame its hidden cant remember what it replaced as it was built over 6 years ago and i have trouble remembering stuff recently

but fit it while you build the gearbox 

IMG_20160214_115827.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 3:13 AM, Sillyoldelf said:

Been trying to find the answer to this but can't find any information.

Can anyone tell me if the re-release 4x4 Mountaineer body is the same as the one used High Lift hilux kit?

Thanks

The older Mountaineer was different. The newer Mountain Rider is the same. Only difference is the High Lift Hilux comes with smoked chrome, and a green tinted window. The Mountain Rider and Bruiser have a slight tint to them. To get one of these bodies you'll need all the parts to complete. It's about $125-140 us. You could pick up one of the knock offs HGP407's for around 85 bucks.

Cory