Rc24mhz

Dream Collections

Rare vintage 1/10 Countach and 288 Ferrari GTO.  Currently restoring the 1/12 Lamborghini Countach 500 CS black. 

4E7FDCA0-8A89-4C7A-80B6-37BE195214FE.jpeg

• Like 6

That convoy are so cool, and one girl i see there! Cant imagine how hard to make like this. My dream is to make few sand scorchers to race, Baja style, might in the future.;)

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty happy with what I have. I wish I could give my "past self" as a kid a glimpse of my current collection. The idea of things like, the whole Hotshot series, most of the Kyosho Car Crushers,  an XR311, Sand Scorcher, multiple Egresses/Avantes/Clods/Wild Willys/Monster Beetles etc. would have blown my young mind when owning just one Egress or Avante would have meant the world to me back then. I count myself as very fortunate. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Nice @Rc24mhz!

When I was a kid I always dreamed of having a convoy of M38's..

IMG_Oct12021at75923PM.thumb.jpg.c0f990bbd0306308b52dc00dfccce19a.jpg

If you can sync their speed and steering control exactly, you can really have a convoy. 

id like to find a db01r and a db01rr to go with my db01, db01rrr and db02

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saito2 said:

I'm pretty happy with what I have. I wish I could give my "past self" as a kid a glimpse of my current collection. The idea of things like, the whole Hotshot series, most of the Kyosho Car Crushers,  an XR311, Sand Scorcher, multiple Egresses/Avantes/Clods/Wild Willys/Monster Beetles etc. would have blown my young mind when owning just one Egress or Avante would have meant the world to me back then. I count myself as very fortunate. 

I'm in a similar boat, though a smaller collection. I look around my hobby room and see a lot of things I really wanted as a kid: Bruiser, check. One of the Kyosho 4WDS buggies (a Progress), check. Boomerang, check. Optima, check and double check. I've had a dozen RC10s pass through my hands in the past decade or so, not to mention 2 or 3 Clods, a couple Blackfoots and Monster Beetles, a small army of Kyosho Raiders, and even a Nichimo Exceed, all of which I enjoyed, but not enough to hold on to, so I kept what I wanted and moved on. I'd still like to find a good Kyosho Icarus, and maybe the old RM Datsun 280ZX, but even if I never do, I'm perfectly content to enjoy what I have.

My dream is a reality. Six of these (top left) are mine from BITD

YjNxTLn.jpg
I also picked up a few more vintages ones like the wild willys and the 58036 Audi Quattro Rally. And a few new ones are in there. 

On 1/30/2022 at 6:05 AM, alvinlwh said:

If you can sync their speed and steering control exactly, you can really have a convoy. 

:lol:   Maybe some day 9 of us can get together and drive each of them individually for a choreographed video shoot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

:lol:   Maybe some day 9 of us can get together and drive each of them individually for a choreographed video shoot.

There is no need to get together these days, with the WWW, I am sure it is possible to remote control remotely. 

I dont think a dream collection can ever be finished. Once you have the one thing you dreamed about, something else catches your imagination, and the chase starts again.

I have over 100 vintage tamiya kits in my collection, but the one thing i still believe, is that there is always time to dream bigger.

J

• Like 1

4 hours ago, junkmunki said:

I dont think a dream collection can ever be finished. Once you have the one thing you dreamed about, something else catches your imagination, and the chase starts again.

I have over 100 vintage tamiya kits in my collection, but the one thing i still believe, is that there is always time to dream bigger.

J

100+?  Pics or it didn’t happen 

• Like 1

Interesting thread. 

I think it was Oscar Wilde who asked if someone was young enough to know everything ?

Those days have past - and there’s never really been a dream collection for me ? just a great journey filled with finding new pals, ideas and interests ! 

I set myself a limit a while ago - initially space, then financially - and still throughly enjoy myself with others on here moving Tamiya around 😇

Thank you all 👍

On 2/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, Willy iine said:

that sounds like a great idea - when shall I fly over?  :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:28 AM, Exit13 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am including vintage body kits in the collection by the way. This is the stuff that is out, there a few others still packed while the loft is converted.

The plastic boxes to the right have two on roads each in them.

I will post a picture of everything once it is out.

J

• Like 4

On 2/3/2022 at 12:28 AM, Exit13 said:

Believe it or not, some of us tell the truth...:D

J

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Its the collection part where I differ here, I have a mental list of those cars I’d like to own at some point, but feel no need to hold on to them. I’d rather let them go after I’ve enjoyed them and pass that joy to someone else.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, junkmunki said:

J

I believed. I just wanted to see. Wow. The Audi and the opel ascona!!  The best two cars ever!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Now we know where the next Huge RC Auction will happen.  :lol:  

😟 That would be like loosing a body part for me. 

😄

J

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, junkmunki said:

J

Happened to me once - love it :lol:

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, Mad Zero said:

Happened to me once - love it :lol:

Did it though? :lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Did it though? :lol:

Well if you’re gonna tell me it didn’t I’ll need to see photos :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mad Zero said:

Well if you’re gonna tell me it didn’t I’ll need to see photos :lol:

Best I can do is an artist’s impression sketch/photo fit ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1