ThunderDragonCy

WTB - DN01/TRF201 front arm mounting block J6

Morning! Anyone got a spare plastic arm mounting block and the blue pin  retainer for TRF201 front arms? Maybe if you have upgraded to the brass weight version you have spares? It is part J6 and BC12 I am after. I am in the UK. Screenshot_20220131-080012_Drive.thumb.jpg.ebaa3a50b3f98afdbb3d6efc8f3cdb85.jpg

Evening @ThunderDragonCy, would the Ae parts fit? That looks suspiciously like the parts from my B6D...I actually have a spare plastic one since I upgraded to alloy for durability, but postage would be prohibitive to try it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Evening @ThunderDragonCy, would the Ae parts fit? That looks suspiciously like the parts from my B6D...I actually have a spare plastic one since I upgraded to alloy for durability, but postage would be prohibitive to try it...

Don't know but I'll check it out. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Do you want me to measure one from the B6D?

Yes please. Would be interesting to see if it's a match. Thanks

13 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Yes please. Would be interesting to see if it's a match. Thanks

The B6D won't work. Its 18mm wide but the hole pattern isn't staggered like the TRF201. Just looked at tpictures of the B4 mount and the holes look the same as the B6, so it looks like Tamiya made some small changes to make the 201 different to the B4...

No I look again you are right. Thanks fir checking. I have found the DN01 J parts tree for a decent price, and I gave another of the blue parts on the RR03 so I could measure that up and get one made. It's a fairly simple part really. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Thanks, but due to stupid brexit I can't order less than eur160 at tamico.

ah maybe ask one of the Europe/German based TC member. They might be able to order one and mail it out to you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TenzoR said:

ah maybe ask one of the Europe/German based TC member. They might be able to order one and mail it out to you. 

That is an option. I have a little engineering next door at work. I am going to drop the one off my other buggy in with them and see how much it will cost to make one. 

• Like 1