Big Jon

XV-02 on the way!

26 minutes ago, Bash said:

That Bronco is absolutely amazing however, looks as good as the one from Traxxas, which is extremely high praise. I just wish that the bumper was a separate piece mounted to the chassis, but I think this shows that Tamiya may be taking crawlers a little more seriously. 

I'm also quite impressed with the Bronco.  I think it's a safe bet that there will be an aftermarket option to chop off the body bumpers and replace them but I too wish Tamiya offered it as an option.  Hopefully there will not be a big delay in body-sets being released.  Metallic green for mine I think.

The roof rack looks great and it has several mounting holes so it could be a new separately available part or intended for other upcoming trucks.  Combined with a new set of wheels it really elevates the whole kit.

• Like 1

Some seriously exciting news there.

The Bronco looks fantastic, but the XV02 is just amazing news. I have been searching for a chassis with good road clearance for my Killerbody Alfa GTAM body and really wanted a RWD with a front motor, which obviously does not exist.

Although the motor is not completely up front like the XV01, it is still up front, but this detail caught my attention…

XV-02 chassis at a glance:
• Comes with two 39T differential gears and one 40T differential gear for adjustment of front and rear drive balance.
• Use 39T gear (w/15T gear) on the front and 40T gear (w/15T gear) on the rear for drive balance bias to front and vice-versa for drive balance bias to rear.

Sounds perfect. Great timing too because I have an XV01 in my shopping basket but that will now get removed and the wait for the XV02 starts. 

How long do these news releases normally take to turn into available stock? Weeks or months?

1 hour ago, Blista said:

I think it's a safe bet that there will be an aftermarket option to chop off the body bumpers and replace them

Turns out Knight Customs has had one out for a little bit on his MyMiniFactory page, this set gives you new bumper mounts that allow the use of standard Axial and other aftermarket bumpers, so there should be plenty to choose from. 

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-tamiya-cc-02-chassis-upgrade-parts-set-125688

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njmlondon said:

Sounds perfect. Great timing too because I have an XV01 in my shopping basket but that will now get removed and the wait for the XV02 starts. 

How long do these news releases normally take to turn into available stock? Weeks or months?

Could be a long wait.  Better buy both.  ;)

But, yeah they haven't given a date and there's no images of the actual kit so I wouldn't expect it soon at all.

3 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I think it looks pretty good, but boring in the Jägermeister livery.  I can't fathom why Tamiya didn't opt for one of the more famous and more distinctly "French" liveries, like the yellow Renault Sport livery  used in the 1975 San Remo rally, or blue/red/white livery of  Tour de Course 1973. I did an M02 A110 in the Tour de Course livery for an Alpine fan friend of mine back in 1995 or 1996 and I think that livery suits the body particularly well.

Tour de Corse - Alpine Renault A110 | Oldtimer

That's a beautiful livery. I wish they did that Tour de Course 73 instead of the Jägermeister.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blista said:

New tyres are still too much to hope for I guess. :(

Tyres look like rock block rather than usual hockey puck CC01/2 tyres. Like this

5D4DFFED-C24C-4A79-93A0-047E37328A29.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Tyres look like rock block rather than usual hockey puck CC01/2 tyres. Like this

Yeah, looks the same as the 425 Unimog kit version, which I think is stiffer than the soft rock blocks.  If they sold some super-soft rock blocks it would be a step in the right direction.

I'm not sure why they're so resistant to the idea of actual soft tyres given they have different tyre compounds for other chassis types.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blista said:

not sure why they're so resistant to the idea of actual soft tyres

Tamiya pride, I'd suspect.  They are worried about tires going flat.  

It wouldn't look good on Tamiya if RC cars on shop displays showing flat tires after weeks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be nice if they made the XV02 with adjustable wheelbase. Standard or SW. Just like the FF-01/03, TA-03.

I love my XV-01. How it handles and how it performs any way I want it to. But I'm not judging the XV-02...

yet. Who know? Let's wait and see. 

• Like 3

On 2/2/2022 at 1:37 AM, Blista said:

I'm also quite impressed with the Bronco.  I think it's a safe bet that there will be an aftermarket option to chop off the body bumpers and replace them but I too wish Tamiya offered it as an option.  Hopefully there will not be a big delay in body-sets being released.  Metallic green for mine I think.

The roof rack looks great and it has several mounting holes so it could be a new separately available part or intended for other upcoming trucks.  Combined with a new set of wheels it really elevates the whole kit.

Hopefully they will produce a body set for this soon as I already have a CC02 Bronco with the right tyres and black wheels 

5D4DFFED-C24C-4A79-93A0-047E37328A29.jpg

On 2/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, Juggular said:

Hmm... they are saying "front mid-ship." The motor would go back a few inches, also... 

It seems to say that you can have one more tooth for front or rear. I would have been excited if there was a center diff, but I guess that's a no, then?

04JmTiB.jpg

The motor location would kill off the unique driving characteristics of XV01. Why, oh why?

XV02's weight distribution is like TT02B going backward... I don't think I like this.  

K5SMmrk.jpg

But CC-02 Bronco looks awesome!  I think it's about time I get it. 

I wanted Alpine A110 with M06 chassis too. 

Even though orange has been my favorite color for about 10 years now, I think this one is better in blue. I'll have to spend several months deciding which color to go with. 

I think its more like TC01 without IFS and XV01 sus arms

26 minutes ago, Dug180 said:

I think its more like TC01 without IFS and XV01 sus arms

I think that the design is inspired by competition buggies, but instead of saddle pack or shorty, Tamiya chose to place a standard pack on its side. Maybe it'll have pieces needed for the saddle pack configuration. 

spacer.png

On 2/2/2022 at 4:37 AM, Finnsllc said:

Item: 47390 1/10 R/C Avante (2011) Black Special Re-Issue
Limited Edition

Price € 479,99 incl. 19% VAT at Tamico :blink:.

• Sad 2

Holy Doley @toyolien, I expect that’s just to get a Google trace to them until it comes in.

But just did a quick search and a shop in Australia is showing Pre-Order for A$529.99, out of my league unfortunately, (around 280 quid)

https://www.metrohobbies.com.au/products/tamiya-58707-1-10-xv-02-pro-chassis-kit?currency=AUD&variant=39680272531590&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuvOPBhDXARIsAKzLQ8GvcIh3DPj5l6ubbMk7-6cMpORWJsHQkCUbps3xXXOBcE4wRyWVm2saAs81EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

Just now, Re-Bugged said:

Holy Doley @toyolien, I expect that’s just to get a Google trace to them until it comes in.

But just did a quick search and a shop in Australia is showing Pre-Order for A$529.99, out of my league unfortunately,

https://www.metrohobbies.com.au/products/tamiya-58707-1-10-xv-02-pro-chassis-kit?currency=AUD&variant=39680272531590&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuvOPBhDXARIsAKzLQ8GvcIh3DPj5l6ubbMk7-6cMpORWJsHQkCUbps3xXXOBcE4wRyWVm2saAs81EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's what I thought. Had the opposite effect on me, as I'll pre-order from somewhere else.

• Like 1

spacer.png

New, more detailed picture from the Tamiyablog.

It looks like the top diff halves are moulded into the bathtub, with the second half attached from the bottom. 

2 minutes ago, Honza said:

spacer.png

New, more detailed picture from the Tamiyablog.

It looks like the top diff halves are embedded into bathtub, with the second half attached from the bottom. 

Can't see your pic for some reason? 

On 2/4/2022 at 11:45 AM, toyolien said:

That's what I thought. Had the opposite effect on me, as I'll pre-order from somewhere else.

€270 (+VAT) on Tamico, so roughly £300?

It's an interestibg looking thing, and I like the look of the TB05 that it's clearly based on too, but I am still leaning towards getting an xv01 for that unique motor arrangement. I am a bit obsessed with rallying my on road cars right now, and the TA02 has proven to be quite delightful in long damper format, but I can't help thinking I need to stop hacking these poor unsuspecting old chassis and just get an xv01 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

€270 (+VAT) on Tamico, so roughly £300?

That sounds better. Still gonna wait to actually see some pics of it before deciding whether to order one or not👍

XV-02 chassis at a glance:
• Comes with two 39T differential gears and one 40T differential gear for adjustment of front and rear drive balance.
• Use 39T gear (w/15T gear) on the front and 40T gear (w/15T gear) on the rear for drive balance bias to front and vice-versa for drive balance bias to rear.
• Features newly-designed parts such as gears, bathtub frame chassis, chassis cover, caster blocks featuring the 6-degree caster angle (XV-01 chassis: 10-degree caster angle), and bumpers with skid angles to reduce surface contact.
• The motor mount, propeller shafts, input and center shafts, and urethane bumpers have new metal parts.
• It features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center-left for optimum balance.
• Long aluminum dampers are employed at front and rear.
• A polycarbonate chassis cover with wheel well liners help prevent dirt and dust from getting inside.
• Suspension arms and front uprights are based upon the XV-01 chassis kit.
• Comes with rally block tires and wheels.

From https://tamiyablog.com/2022/02/detailed-drawing-of-tamiya-58707-xv-02-pro-chassis-kit/

Tamiya-58707-XV-02-Pro-Chassis-Kit.jpg

• Like 1