Zealot

58705 Tamiya CC-02 Ford Bronco 2021

Tamico have it listed as arriving end of June.  No word on bodysets but I guess there will be one a month or two later.

Looks good in the Corsa Grey but makes me wonder if they've got a stockpile of that color since the Unimog kit was the same and there's now a pre-painted Mustang body in it as well.

4 minutes ago, Blista said:

Tamico have it listed as arriving end of June.  No word on bodysets but I guess there will be one a month or two later.

Looks good in the Corsa Grey but makes me wonder if they've got a stockpile of that color since the Unimog kit was the same and there's now a pre-painted Mustang body in it as well.

I think it's more that 'pastel colours' are in ATM. 👍. Be good if Tamiya did some more gloss Grey's, like the Audi grey etc.  As much as I have a dislike for Audi's I cannot in anyway fault their colour range 👍

9Q3qY5J.jpeg

James.

2 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

I think it's more that 'pastel colours' are in ATM. 👍. Be good if Tamiya did some more gloss Grey's, like the Audi grey etc.  As much as I have a dislike for Audi's I cannot in anyway fault their colour range 👍

James.

I wish Tamiya would offer a wider colour selection.  Tamiya paints are basically the only option here for polycarbonate paint, or at least the most widely available.  Traxxas are getting into selling spray-paint so I'm hoping they can fill the gaps Tamiya have left.  There must be 7 or 8 greens but no browns.  They had a light grey but discontinued it for some reason.  Some limited releases would be good at the very least.

Audi have some really nice looking colors but all the ones I see on the road are silver, charcoal, black or white.

• Like 3

I bought this kit a while ago as it was on the shelf at my LHS when I walked in 1 day and got a deal I couldn’t refuse. Haven’t started the build yet (Need to finish my MB that I started a few months ago). Anyone else got and built one yet? Keen to see what’s out there

8 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

I bought this kit a while ago as it was on the shelf at my LHS when I walked in 1 day and got a deal I couldn’t refuse. Haven’t started the build yet (Need to finish my MB that I started a few months ago). Anyone else got and built one yet? Keen to see what’s out there

I love my CC02.  I wish it had more add-one and hop-ups but the essentials are available.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7A7UcIxP4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:28 PM, Blista said:

Tamiya paints are basically the only option here for polycarbonate paint, or at least the most widely available.

In the UK, I try to buy Absima if possible, larger cans yet at lower cost per can. Alternatively I airbrush and can get any color I want by mixing. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Do you have a build thread? Lovely spot BTW, looks awesome

I don’t bc it’s a simple build.  Sorry.

I did post this though:

• Thanks 1