Just now, Raptor1410 said:

so my blue brushles turned up today, fitting now, is it

A-blue

B-yellow

C- orange

Think thats right to what i seen.

From tamiya esc

16455575957535125188775591504961.jpg

Will be interesting to hear what you think of the performance with the brushless motor. I only run mine on 7.2v NiMh and it flys. A lot of the time especially under throttle the steering goes really and it looks like it’s floating!!! If your going to run 3s it should take off!!!

Just put in my blue brushless and set pinion same hight as on stock motor and sounds like it is just spinning. No movement on wheels at all. Any suggestions? 

20 minutes ago, Raptor1410 said:

Just put in my blue brushless and set pinion same hight as on stock motor and sounds like it is just spinning. No movement on wheels at all. Any suggestions? 

The stock motor has that raised bit around the shaft which the Bluebottle lacks. Did you measure from the face of the motor where the screw holes are? If so, you might find your pinion is too close to the motor and not contacting the spur.

If you take the motor screws and gearbox cap off, and just hold the motor in place by hand, you ought to be able to see what is happening through the hole where the gearbox cap usually goes. 

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

The stock motor has that raised bit around the shaft which the Bluebottle lacks. Did you measure from the face of the motor where the screw holes are? If so, you might find your pinion is too close to the motor and not contacting the spur.

If you take the motor screws and gearbox cap off, and just hold the motor in place by hand, you ought to be able to see what is happening through the hole where the gearbox cap usually goes. 

The bluebottle is raised slightly but did not notice the difference. I should be more observant. I will check. Good idea, i will do that. 

The stem on blue is longer to, there was more out the top of pinion than the stck. It didnt seem right at the time. 

Many thanks will update.

3 hours ago, Raptor1410 said:

so my blue brushles turned up today, fitting now, is it

A-blue

B-yellow

C- orange

Think thats right to what i seen.

From tamiya esc

Looking to buy a blue bottle but unsure which to choose on Ebay. All appear to possibly takes months to arrive from China. Which did you get?

3 hours ago, Raptor1410 said:

30 minutes ago, LEE71 said:

Looking to buy a blue bottle but unsure which to choose on Ebay. All appear to possibly takes months to arrive from China. Which did you get?

Screenshot_20220222-231857_eBay.thumb.jpg.1bfebe8e7a37dc704ac6980168172c5d.jpg

Just now, Raptor1410 said:

I bought on 7th feb and came today. Said it was going to be 21st april. No probs

I paid 26 pounds though not the price shown there. Thelre were alot but all seemed the same

1 hour ago, LEE71 said:

I get mine from Aliexpress, less than 1 month to arrive. 

£18.19  39%OFF | Waterproof 540 13.5T Sensored Brushless Motor for 1/10 RC Car Truck Rock Crawler Boat
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ufJQpd

32 minutes ago, Raptor1410 said:

All in and working. Nice motor. Very smooth and fast. Thought you may like to see paperwork

16456150587458751810820722181588.jpg

Glad you got it sorted. What was the issue in the end?

6 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Glad you got it sorted. What was the issue in the end?

You were spot on, didnt account for the raised lip. Many thanks for that.

• Like 1