Sign in to follow this  
phenixfulcrum

Help for painting dark brown colour with Tamiya PS sprays

Hello,

This my first post on the forum. i found a member (metalheaddad) who shows a method for mixing translucid color with metal color : Check out the paint.. translucent blue and anodized silver

I want to make a dark brown metallic colour with Tamiya Lexan sprays. Is it possible to do that by using the same method ? If yes, do you know what translucid colour i have to mix with which metal color ?

Otherwise, do you know other lexan paint spray with this kind of colour ?

My goal is to get the colour of this body (Pontiac GTO)

Thank you in advance for your advices.

17000__mg_3788kp_800_600.jpg

PS-36 is translucent silver, but brown is your problem. Don't think there is any such brown in Tamiya range, so if you airbrush, you may consider Vallejo or similar acrylics and mix your own if that brown is not available off the shelf. 

I think it's more a dark red/purple than a brown. You can see it on this picture in the sun light.

hpi-racing-1967-pontiac-gto-body-17000.jpg.20a031ff80bb154fb74c0b25a81f5eed.jpg

Maybe you can achieve this with translucent purple and gun metal. But I'm pretty sure that here are some experts who can tell you more.

8 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Should i choose one these 2 colors or should i mix them with the bronze pearl as the backing color ?

11 hours ago, Aerobert said:

I think it's more a dark red/purple than a brown. You can see it on this picture in the sun light.

hpi-racing-1967-pontiac-gto-body-17000.jpg.20a031ff80bb154fb74c0b25a81f5eed.jpg

Maybe you can achieve this with translucent purple and gun metal. But I'm pretty sure that here are some experts who can tell you more.

Ohh yes, in the sun light the color is different ! I find some who tried the mixing you said, but he added black at the the end (see picture below) : "Here's my own translucent purple painted EvoX (although it's now someone else's shelf model).  I used translucent purple then backed it with gun metal and black.  It looks almost black in normal light but when the sunlight hits it the purple comes out."

CXPYm0o.jpg