KEV THE REV

Vintage 540 Holiday buggy / Sand Rover motor mount

Has anybody made one ? & if it was made 3D would it be as stable as an aluminium one ? or could the design be strengthened ?

540 bracket 2 .jpg

EDIT: Seems i had it mirrored, look below for fixed version.

Knocked this together from the drawing:

No way for me to actually test it since i dont have the model in question but if anyone tests it id be interested to hear about it, i can make changes to if needed.

• Thanks 1

That is exactly how I envisaged a 3D printed mount. The only issue I can see is that the mounts platform is on the opposite side of the mount to the original mount , sort of reversed design .If anybody could make it I'd be interested.  Thanks for the reply and design . 

540 motor mount used.jpg

I would use my high tech CAD capabilities (aka continuous airhead drawing) and make it out of a sheet of 3003 H14 aluminum.  :lol:

These were made by my other high tech EED system (eyeball estimated dimensioning)..  lol.  

They appear distorted in the picture, but it's actually quite straight and to the original skid plate dimensions.

IMG_Jun252021at113617AM.jpg.2f2448d22d136ba84be4bb96ce660b1a.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, i see!

1614324976_Screenshot2022-03-05001038.jpg.02de79280a3c4dbd443e9e1e5d81ed1b.jpg

Ive mirrored it so it should now be the correct way round, file still oriented the way i think should give it the most strength if printed(motor mount portion against the print bed).

Sand-holiday 540 mount-fixed.stl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I would use my high tech CAD capabilities (aka continuous airhead drawing) and make it out of a sheet of 3003 H14 aluminum.  :lol:

These were made by my other high tech EED system (eyeball estimated dimensioning)..  lol.  

They appear distorted in the picture, but it's actually quite straight and to the original skid plate dimensions.

IMG_Jun252021at113617AM.jpg.2f2448d22d136ba84be4bb96ce660b1a.jpg

Nice parts there . I have the alu sheet here and would make one if I can't get a 3D printed one . I do like making stuff from alu. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KEV THE REV said:

Nice parts there . I have the alu sheet here and would make one if I can't get a 3D printed one . I do like making stuff from alu. 

Sounds good.  As you already know, aluminum also works as heat sink so it's got 3 purposes...  Mounting motor, heat dissipation, and fun making.  :D  

• Haha 1

Now the question is, does it fit? Did i get it right enough? :)