Raptor1410

Blitzer road tyres

Anyone one out there any suggestions for some rear road tyres for a blitzer beetle. Put a blue brushless in with a 2s and ripping up the tyres now on tarmac. Fun but expensive and want to save the tyres for off road. Nearly slicks now lol.

The blitzer wheels are 2.2”.  Any on road tire in that size should fit. 

• Thanks 1

You might have to consider toning down your punch/boost/whatever it is called. I find that even with a silver can, I can tear road tyres up (depending on car of course). 

Grippy road tires come with a bit of a curse on the Blitzer chassis as it makes for easy traction rollovers (at least with my heavy plastic Blitzer Beetle shell).  

IMG_20200128_193713.jpg

3 hours ago, Killajb said:

Grippy road tires come with a bit of a curse on the Blitzer chassis as it makes for easy traction rollovers (at least with my heavy plastic Blitzer Beetle shell).  

IMG_20200128_193713.jpg

What tyres you have there, looks very cool

3 hours ago, Klausen said:

These came with the chrome edt. They don’t have much traction though.

5CBD56C5-2C9E-4A70-80A8-6CCC719C6449.jpeg

Those are the same as the Aqroshot and the Street Rover. As you say they are not the grippiest. As much a I love Blitzers, I have 2 , they are not the best street cars! But they are heaps of fun. On my brushless one I run Schumacher V2/4 combination. This gives them pretty decent all round grip but Tarmac is like sandpaper and will wear them down quick especially with brushless!!

7 hours ago, Klausen said:

These came with the chrome edt. They don’t have much traction though.

5CBD56C5-2C9E-4A70-80A8-6CCC719C6449.jpeg

Sweet ride. Looks so cool

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Those are the same as the Aqroshot and the Street Rover. As you say they are not the grippiest. As much a I love Blitzers, I have 2 , they are not the best street cars! But they are heaps of fun. On my brushless one I run Schumacher V2/4 combination. This gives them pretty decent all round grip but Tarmac is like sandpaper and will wear them down quick especially with brushless!!

I got aqroshot on mine now. Is not to bad but does slip out and not gone brushless yet, still waiting on delivery. 

I use it in woods mainly but live on quiet road and fun just to take it out for a bit with road tyres on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raptor1410 said:

I use it in woods mainly but live on quiet road and fun just to take it out for a bit with road tyres on. 

How do they perform on road bud? Decent grip? Is it just off road where you're getting poor traction?

14 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

How do they perform on road bud? Decent grip? Is it just off road where you're getting poor traction?

Its on the road. Off road is fine with orginal tyres. Is not dreadful but not great. They are fairly hard compound though. May try something softer on the rear. Maybe try a pair of prolines

• Thanks 1

Not much traction onroad, as raptor1410 says, compound is rather hard. Agree Proline might the way to go.

• Thanks 1

Just got some fastrax arrows for my firedragon. Very nice indeed. Soft and sticky but am told last well. Give a lovely feel to the car also. May try them on beetle but bit on small side.

• Like 1