RC4x4

Empty Boxes, Pitch or keep?

I have a ton of empty boxes. I guess I will pitch them all. No room to keep them. I know the Tamiya ones are neat and stuff but gotta go. I have them all stacked up around my weights. I will take them to work and put them into a storage trailer probably until I decide.

Cory

20220219_110921.jpg

20220219_110928.jpg

20220219_110932.jpg

20220219_110958.jpg

• Like 2

I was going to say, frame and hang them on the wall, but your walls are already pretty full..  Frame and hang from ceiling?  :ph34r: :lol:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I was going to say, frame and hang them on the wall, but your walls are already pretty full..  Frame and hang from ceiling?  :ph34r: :lol:

I have a few framed and hung up. Once I hung them all in the garage on the walls before I had the garage walls textured and painted. I threw them all into recycle. It takes alot of room to keep them all. I need another shelf rack to store cars and trucks on. I'll take them down to work and store them until I figure it out.

Cory

5 minutes ago, RC4x4 said:

I have a few framed and hung up. Once I hung them all in the garage on the walls before I had the garage walls textured and painted. I threw them all into recycle. It takes alot of room to keep them all. I need another shelf rack to store cars and trucks on. I'll take them down to work and store them until I figure it out.

Cory

Yeah, I too tossed quite a few boxes.   Maybe you can do a local pickup-only ad or something if someone local to you want them.  .. or just toss them.

I’d say the tt-0x or re re boxes aren’t worth much so little point keeping them. You could cut out the main cover of ones with some feeling to and keep them in case you want to frame them. That will save space at least. Otherwise sell them off if it isn’t any hassle as some people will want them.

Really you will not miss them!

Dump them or sell them if you can be bothered, people are willing to pay.  Otherwise flat pack them to save space.

Vintage = either build a background wall if you’ve room or stack dry until you can 

New = cut / frame for the wall or cut / front + use as cutting mats 👍

Mouse mats too 

• Like 1

Id probably sell the weights instead and start working on getting a belly while being surrounded by a load of empty Tamiya boxes.

Which is pretty much exactly what im doing now (except ive never owned any weights. Just have lots of boxes)

• Haha 5

Just went through the same with all of my boxes.  Ended up just cutting them up for future hanging in the garage, gained a ton of space!  I did keep a few in tact for cars that I'm trying to sell or will sell in the future, but for anything I dont plan to sell or am going to run hard keeping the box is of little value.  I'm trying to break my hoarding/pack rat tendencies...one thing at a time :)  

I'm planning on cutting the front face off the boxes I like and then putting them in poster frames.

If I had any super rare stuff I'd probably bag/seal it and put it in the loft though...

I store some of my cars  (will move towards all eventually) in plastic storage boxes and chop the top and sides of the cardboard boxes off and tape them to the plastic boxes. The rest get burnt along with other paper based waste in the garden.