Sign in to follow this  
Wheeelie

Tamiya dual motor esc and Sport tuned motor?

Hi! I reached out to Tamico.de (great shop by the way) to get a tip on wich kind of tuned motors that will fit the re-re Super Clod Buster 2012 and they state that the Tamiya esc that comes in the kit works with two Sport Tuned motors. 

Can this be true? I have read several threads about ppl wanting to throw out the stock silvercans but I don’t think I’ve read once the the ST motor would be viable. Is Tamiya esc magic?

Thanks!

/Johan

The ESC will work with the Sport Tuned Motor BUT the Clod will not.

the rear Motor has to rotate backwards
The Sprot tuned Motor is timed, so it will be running faster in the one Direction than in the Other.

You will need rebuildabele Motors with adjustable Timing within the Motorlimit of that ESC.

The Motorlimit of that ESC is 2 x 25T Motors. So you could get GT tuned Motors and adjust the Timing of the rear Motor.
I have them installed, but they aren`t really faster than the stock 27 T Motors.....

Most people recommend to use Silvercans and use a 3S Lipo.

If you want to use hotter Motors, you need to buy an better ESC like the Hobbywing double Motor ESC an Super Stock Motors.

By the way, any tips on wich 3s that will fit the battery compartment?

I have a Spektrum S150 charger with their IC plugs but their batteries sre expensive..

If the Battery doesnt fit in the normal Batterytray, you have plenty of Options to mount the Battery.

Here is a thread

• Thanks 1