Sign in to follow this  
Scoob45

New member with a TXT-2 and broken Drive shaft

Hello. This is my first post. I have a TXT-2 with a broken rear center drive shaft. I'm having difficulty locating a source for replacement. I am in the USA. I have lurked this forum for some time and see lots of knowledgeable folks and was hoping for some help. Tamiya parts aren't particularly easy to come by where I live. I've done some quick searches but end up with TL01 shafts showing. Are TXT-2 parts rare?

Thanks in advance for any help.

That should be a fairly easy fix. You can find those universal joints on eBay and most online retailers if you don't have a LHS that carries Tamiya parts. The CC-01, Juggernaut, and Bruiser joints (Part 4135042) appear lightly different, but our manual database is a good resource for part lookups. The shaft and slip joint at the transmission looks to be ok otherwise. Honestly though, I'd consider the mod suggested below by ad456 for a runner truck. 

This might be of interest to you if the genuine part is proving tricky to find. 

• Like 1

Thank you both. I wasn't aware that the shafts are used on other models. I'm sure I've passed over them at some point in my searching. If I have trouble getting them I can look into the propeller joint mod. Thanks again :)