naturbo2000

How far from box art TFE 2021?

Hi all from a new member.

The recent news of the re-re Avante Black Special has got me hankering to relive the glory days of RC. I never raced, but had a Hornet (long gone), Madcap (that I've mostly cobbled back together), and a box of bits that turned out to be a belt drive Optima that I mashed into a double FRP deck tarmac basher.

Anyway - due to expecting to not actually be able to get a Black Special (even though pre-orders claim to still be live), I went out and got a 2021 Top Force Evo. Assembly was fun and a chunk longer than any of the above. But now I've got to decide whether to sticker it up in box art. The issue is that I found the collection of stuff in the pic below. I think I can safely leave the RRC International stickers in the 90s. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to find a way to blend the RCMC stickers in to the scheme.

(Oh and yes - I am that fool that just lumped a 27MHz Attack Sport etc. into a TFE)

TopForceEvo.JPG

• Like 3

That graphite color is real nice on both your cars!

@naturbo2000 I'm really not into slapping decals unless doing box art... I'd do may be like 3-4 small orange decals and one white decal on the wing and call it a day.  :lol:  (just me)

Just now, Willy iine said:

That graphite color is real nice on both your cars!

@naturbo2000 I'm really not into slapping decals unless doing box art... I'd do may be like 3-4 small orange stickers and one white decal on the wing and call it a day.

Best bit is that's how it comes. Cut and painted. So yummy I might not sticker it at all. tbh they could actually have done a better job masking the windows, but at least I didn't have to do it :).

I hear you with not going overboard with stickers. The key is that these were the big (only?) UK RC car magazines back when the Top Force was originally released. I still remember reading the articles for how Jamie Booth was involved with the development from Egress through Manta Ray to what became the Top Force. Which makes it more amusing that what I really want is the Avante :lol:

5 minutes ago, naturbo2000 said:

Best bit is that's how it comes. Cut and painted. So yummy I might not sticker it at all. tbh they could actually have done a better job masking the windows, but at least I didn't have to do it :).

I hear you with not going overboard with stickers. The key is that these were the big (only?) UK RC car magazines back when the Top Force was originally released. I still remember reading the articles for how Jamie Booth was involved with the development from Egress through Manta Ray to what became the Top Force. Which makes it more amusing that what I really want is the Avante :lol:

Ahhhh, so there is history there.  I'm not familiar with the history of these cars so that is good to know.   

Yeah, honestly your car looks good already without decals.. so unless you want them for accent I'd just go without.  You already got plenty of visual pop with the wheels and all.

Avante, huh?  Voices in my head was calling for one as well.. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

Not even a quick go in the garden?

Undertray.JPG

Not yet, no. Need to finish RC gear fitting and set up ESC for brushless.

I agree. It really doesn't need decals at all!

12 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Avante, huh?  Voices in my head was calling for one as well.. :ph34r:

Until this month I'd got lucky and missed knowing about them til a good amount of time after they'd gone on sale. Was an easy decision to skip it.

If I'm going to do it, it may as well be the Black Special. But it will need replacement wheels. I dread to think how much white cam locks will cost...