76jimmy

lots of cool buggies in the live show tonight

Same neat stuff there. I was surprised the Fox didn't make an appearance. It was also odd the DT01 was there, but perhaps it was just a lead into the DT02 series (like many here, I feel the DT01 is more of an "ultimate Grasshopper/Hornet" platform than anything linked to the DT02).

• Like 1

It's a shame that there is no subtitles because the buggies are so random simply because I have no idea what the conversation is? I'm wondering if this is a popular program?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffman said:

It's a shame that there is no subtitles because the buggies are so random simply because I have no idea what the conversation is? I'm wondering if this is a popular program?

I think the fact that it’s in Japanese with no subtitles answers many questions in response to Tamiya’s attitude to Euro/North American wants and desires!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moffman said:

I think it's Astute to Astute - from 1988 to 2022. The topic is how have 2WD chassis evolved and ended up being really long and with mid-motors. 

Cool that they did a big segment on the all the 201 variants

Even if I couldn't get into the conversation they were having. It was nice to see all the buggies through the years. I agree Tamiya are indifferent toward some regions. However they still are the longest running and ONLY factory sponsored race program in the states, TCS onroad series.