Sign in to follow this  
wolfdogstinkus

Irok mini BMX. Motorised!!!!

Recently discovered mini BMX,,

Around the same time, I discovered I'm not as fit as I was, (these things weigh the same as 2 elephants) so it's quite hard work pedaling a bike small enough to shame a clown.

The fact that it has no brakes doesn't worry me at all, possibly because I am not afraid of death or stupid or both?, But pedaling was hard work..

But mini BMX's aren't just cool, they're quite fun!!!, Apart from pedaling.....

Did I tell you how much I hate pedaling?? And Noel Edmonds??..

But anyway, what can you do???

I present to you,

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6s lipo, tried it on 8s but it didn't like it, kept cutting out but didn't kill it..

Runs fine on 6.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Will tidy it up and remove all the sharp edges but that's the concept and it works with me on it.

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Genius :lol:

How youve still got any bodily apendages left is a miracle.

You must remember the Rocker Chopper?. Lol .  It's still going, kill count is zero.. I did put some HPI stickers on it since this picture which obviously added at least 5mph to the top speed..

spacer.png

Go kart next... Lol

• Haha 4

I've surfed the web a lot but this is one of the craziest and best things I've yet see on it! Absolutely bonkers and all the better for it!

I look forward to the go-cart build. I follow a few Go-cart feeds on Instagram and think I need one in my life (for the kids obviously ;) )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I've surfed the web a lot but this is one of the craziest and best things I've yet see on it! Absolutely bonkers and all the better for it!

I look forward to the go-cart build. I follow a few Go-cart feeds on Instagram and think I need one in my life (for the kids obviously ;) )

You wouldn't be the first person to suggest that I am bonkers, but I'll take it as a compliment..

Thanks..

The go kart was working but I tried to improve it and failed, so it will happen soon.

17 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@wolfdogstinkusthat's great! The anticipation every time you ride out of screen is brilliant! You've made my day.

The anticipation of imminent failure and me lying on the ground deciding to take up daytime astrology as a new hobby instead of playing with kids toys???

Lol

Edit to add, no pedaling was performed in this video. 

• Haha 2

On 3/3/2022 at 10:54 AM, GeeWings said:

It moves again!!!!

https://youtu.be/Rf2xo9ko4os

Will try for a better video, still in testing phase but it works!!!!

Why pink?, I hear you ask?, All your kids are boys!!, Right?

Yeah, but been after a berg kart for a while and bid on this not expecting to win, nobody else bid and I had to drive 100 miles to collect it...

R4UhOAG.jpeg

Rasta bike got some metal removed from the front and some added to the back.  At least it feels more balanced now. 

I think I had 9mph on the flat without pedaling and managed 15mph downhill without damaging my underpants.

7Vjcv2d.jpeg

There's one bolt that goes through the top of the forks on Rasta bike and through the scooter frame above the wheel that holds it in place.

I took the exhaust clamps off the handlebars and replaced them with hoseclips which are a bit less extrusive.

Here's the bolt that does the majority of the fixing of the scooter motor to the wheel.

TDnuVx2.jpeg

The red bracket covering the scooter wheel is where the old kick plate bolts on.

Back of the bolt, goes through the forks on Rasta bike

PBjxLiC.jpeg

Hoseclips replace the exhaust clamps which protruded excessively.

ksT7d5A.jpeg

It's entirety in its current state.

T8soTlU.jpeg

Was considered adding another battery and trying 36 volts but I remember it didn't like 4x 2s lipos. Which would be around 32 volts. 

Didn't release any magic smoke, just browned out all the time. 

But it still works so I might as well try 3 lead acid batteries and see what happens......TBC

12 mph on a flat without pedaling at all. 

Still hit 15mph downhill but didn't go down a big hill. 

Big improvement over 24 volts though, and it hasn't melted the ESC yet.

Also drilled a new hole through the scooter chassis to push the scooter wheel harder against Rasta bike wheel, as it was slipping when it got wet.

• Like 1

Love it! My first Moped was a french Velosolex. I see some simularities : )