Ringokid

Body shell for TL01B

Hi I have been scouring the internet without much success, but does anyone know if it’s possible to get a touring car/ American muscle car body shell for a tamiya TL01B chassis. 
many thanks

1 hour ago, Ringokid said:

Hi I have been scouring the internet without much success, but does anyone know if it’s possible to get a touring car/ American muscle car body shell for a tamiya TL01B chassis. 
many thanks

Yes it is. The TL-01B chassis is the same wheelbase as the vast majority of 1/10 touring and VTS shells, so the vast majority will fit. The wheels will of course stick out the sides, but if you want them to tuck in, just swap in the suspension arms and dogbones from a TL-01.

Rather than swapping out the suspension arms and dig bones would it be possible to get a wider shell with the same wheelbase?

Yes! Look for McAllister "Street Stock" bodies. They make several: a Cuda, a Camaro, and several others.

Or scour eBay for old Bolink or Parma bodies. Anything that says "wide on-road" or "wide pan car" should be pretty close.

I fitted a ford rs200 body to my buggy a few years ago, as they make some in buggy dimensions. This is 280mm wheelbase and 240mm wide. I put hpi wr8 tarmac wheels and tyres on and had to narrow the front width a bit, but standard buggy wheels fit easier. They have some in 250mm wheelbase up to 280mm.

20220305_161055.jpg

From L and L models in the uk, listed as frewer 235mm, each one has a different wheelbase and width.

Thanks found them now. I like the 405 Peugeot but the wheelbase is too big haha. Probably go with the rs200 or metro 6R4. Never painted a body yet so that will be interesting. Do you know if they come with any decals as it doesn’t mention on their site

They dont have any decals with the rs200, so I guess none of them do, not even window masks came with mine, so I used tamiya paint sheets to cut some out.

Have you considered a Short Course body. The wide arms of the TL01B fit the arches perfectly. 

C058A794-0264-4816-836B-4F70CE4C42E4.jpeg

That’s what I have on mine, but my daughter is looking for a more classic American muscle car for hers  

5370FE17-30DB-4978-B3AF-AE2BA6848236.jpeg