Busdriver

A trio of Italian beauties??

On 3/7/2022 at 9:07 PM, middleagedgrup said:

What a coincidence - I'm building one of these too right now!

Me too :) been deleting the mounts for the headlights recently, it's a bit work to do and a pita... 

3akkd.jpg

b1j38.jpg

also planned on having the engine and gearbox 3d printed, but it's on hold as my computer is being repaired :(

04jr6.jpg

But I'll keep it as a surprise what kind of project it is... Not a road car and not a martini. 

• Like 2

So as I don’t crowd @middleagedgrup’s 037 build I thought I would do the other Lancia first. Not strictly a build but more a rebuild. I started with an XV01-T Asterion, the body of which was become bit fragile due to gaffer taped repairs so I converted the chassis back to road/rally status. I ordered a new bumper parts set as the Integrale has a different one to the Asterion. It’s a good buy as you get a complete new set of body posts which I needed as well. I also ordered a foam bumper that needs cutting to fit. Dropped the internal mudguards and put a set of road tyres/wheels on it to keep it off the ground whilst waiting for the Integrale wheels. More to follow 

C302315B-379D-4507-8442-C24E157D8FA9.jpg

E3B7F4BF-947F-4E75-A996-ADAC9D01CD34.jpg

Sorry double post

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

Me too :) been deleting the mounts for the headlights recently, it's a bit work to do and a pita... 

3akkd.jpg

b1j38.jpg

also planned on having the engine and gearbox 3d printed, but it's on hold as my computer is being repaired :(

04jr6.jpg

But I'll keep it as a surprise what kind of project it is... Not a road car and not a martini. 

Great idea. Don’t do 3d so will use a cheat suggested by @Grastens and use a Toyota lookalike drift car pc engine bay. Lots to do before I get there. The other Lancia is started so will probably finish that as I’m still waiting for a few bits for the 037

• Thanks 1

I've got one of those engine bays over as I bought one before I decided I'll go the 3d route. Interested? Probably doesn't make sense due to shipping though. 

40 minutes ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

I've got one of those engine bays over as I bought one before I decided I'll go the 3d route. Interested? Probably doesn't make sense due to shipping though. 

I can get it for £17 Inc postage on fleabay so knowing the way international postage if I got it from you I’d probably have to pay import tax and vat even though it’s a personal sale. Thanks for the offer though.

Looking great @Busdriver.  You're never going to believe me when I tell you what else I've got in my stash waiting to be built...  Let's just say it's good that you've opted to do your Integrale now... :D.  Great minds think alike, that's what I say!  My wife would counter by saying that fools seldom differ, but I couldn't possibly comment. :)

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2022 at 2:10 AM, Busdriver said:

Funny you should mention that? I had just been googling engine bay shots for inspiration!!! Was going to make a vague representation using bits and bobs but this is a much better idea. Found one on EBay. Only bookmarked at the moment.

Bits and bobs do figure into my 037's engine bay, too, so be sure to keep that in your figurative back pocket ;)

On 3/10/2022 at 9:26 AM, Busdriver said:

Great idea. Don’t do 3d so will use a cheat suggested by @Grastens and use a Toyota lookalike drift car pc engine bay. Lots to do before I get there. The other Lancia is started so will probably finish that as I’m still waiting for a few bits for the 037

Incidentally, a 3D-printed version of the Toyota 4A-GE for use in those engine bays is also available. I have one set aside for my next(!) 037, with the advantages being crisper detailing and ease of modification (i.e. I can sand off the valve cover text instead of covering it with half-effective tape :P).

I used the polycarbonate bay for the first one since I did not know that other option existed; hence, with the 3D-printed Toyota, you can have the best (or worst!) of all worlds! :D

But, as bits and bobs go, the engine bay only looked partly-convincing on my 037 because I surrounded it with scratchbuilt pieces. For inspiration: a tube of 1150 plastic bearings became a supercharger body; and leftover kit sprues became a roll cage and inlet ducting, and so on...

I look forward to seeing your work!

10 hours ago, middleagedgrup said:

Don't know if anyone else follows Petrolicious, but they published an article a couple days ago about the Kimera resto-modded 037: article here

Ooft, it's a looker alright. You doing something along these lines @GermanTA03Guy?

Hey I saw that too but nice hint and nice try :) it's really a looker, just like the modern retro Integrale... I really like that stuff... Shows how good those classic designs were... I also like the alfisti gtas, not sure if it's the right naming, maybe you know what I mean.. All like singer for other legendary cars... . But No, mine will not go that modern.... I'll reveal it when I have decent progress, in a build thread. 

On 3/10/2022 at 5:09 PM, Busdriver said:

I can get it for £17 Inc postage on fleabay so knowing the way international postage if I got it from you I’d probably have to pay import tax and vat even though it’s a personal sale. Thanks for the offer though.

If it´s sent as a gift you wont ;).

15 hours ago, Lee1075 said:

If it´s sent as a gift you wont ;).

Actually it’s my birthday on Friday🤔

On 3/10/2022 at 3:26 PM, GermanTA03Guy said:

If you are still willing to let it go I’ll take you up on your offer. Tell me what you want for it and we’ve got a deal. It can be be my birthday treat!!!!

On 3/12/2022 at 7:19 AM, GermanTA03Guy said:

Hey I saw that too but nice hint and nice try :) it's really a looker, just like the modern retro Integrale... I really like that stuff... Shows how good those classic designs were... I also like the alfisti gtas, not sure if it's the right naming, maybe you know what I mean.. All like singer for other legendary cars... . But No, mine will not go that modern.... I'll reveal it when I have decent progress, in a build thread. 

Alfaholics do the resto-modded Alfas. They're glorious too!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Actually it’s my birthday on Friday🤔

Many happy returns for Friday! 🎂🥳

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, middleagedgrup said:

Many happy returns for Friday! 🎂🥳

Oops senior moment, it’s actually Saturday!!! Friday is my first day of work in just over a year due to my back!!

• Haha 1

The Delta’s coming along. Sprayed with CoreRC white knight backed with silver. Then I started the stickers. Boy how did we do these before washing up liquid, water and the hairdryer!!! Couple of little issues with them but not bad so far. Need a rest my eyes are giving up!!!

7ED3DA53-AE1B-4901-A4C3-A26743724BE2.jpg

AF4696D9-3AB5-4558-AB1B-5C37687A6768.jpg

all parts have arrived for the 037 build so once I’ve finished these stickers I’ll break open the box properly!!

• Like 6

Such a lovely looking model, and those wheels!  Hadn't noticed before how close the rear body posts are to the rear wing.  Great work on the paint-job!

14 hours ago, middleagedgrup said:

Such a lovely looking model, and those wheels!  Hadn't noticed before how close the rear body posts are to the rear wing.  Great work on the paint-job!

They are close, in fact it’s quite tricky getting the pins in sometimes. I will cut them down, so they won’t block the spoiler. Need to decide if I need to paint the spoiler or leave it. It’s pretty close to me !!! Need to get a cockpit but spent toooo much money this week. Suffice to say there is another Italian beauty on its way to the bus garage????

should get all the stickers done today then I can get the 037 parts all together ready for assembly. 

• Like 1

Not sure if it's of use/interest, but I find this mini cutter is ideal for trimming body posts: link to Amazon.

Am curious: what's the 3rd car going to be...a Giulia, or Stratos perhaps?

6 minutes ago, middleagedgrup said:

Not sure if it's of use/interest, but I find this mini cutter is ideal for trimming body posts: link to Amazon.

Am curious: what's the 3rd car going to be...a Giulia, or Stratos perhaps?

You could Guess The Answer!!! In fact you already have!!!

1st one done

734FAF87-FE2E-43A0-80A5-FC83A666A98F.jpg

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

734FAF87-FE2E-43A0-80A5-FC83A666A98F.jpg

Lovely presentation :wub: It looks great! I can hardly wait for 2 and 3 :)

• Thanks 1

The Integrale is powered by a 13.5t bluebottle sensored brushless motor. I have another that I thought I would use in the 037. Now I gather that the the chassis is basically a buggy chassis with small wheels. The stock and largest pinion is 21t ,so would dropping a couple of teeth to say 19t work. Not after top speed but rather acceleration and a cool motor?

2 hours ago, middleagedgrup said:

Ah, that'll be a GTA then! 😄

✔️