Ziddan

TT02B - Ride Height increase + Sand Scorcher Body Mounts - free 3d printable.

EDIT: Cant upload to here for some reason, hosting the file on my drive:

Drive folder for my TT02B files

Ive seen a couple of topics on this forum (and others) asking how to increase the ride height/ground clearance of the TT02B and after picking one up i decided to have a go at my own solution, this is what i came up with:

ClearanceParts.jpg.30bb1bb5f0495250e23bd7b559199006.jpg

The top part is a rear lower arm that has extra space added for the wheel axle drive cup which allows the arm to go below the horizontal.

The lower part replaces the include eyelets on the shocks and is an extra cm in length.

This bit is a lower profile rear shock tower that can be used with the shorter shock eyelets that comes on the sprue.

LowerRearShockTower.jpg.a8843653171d315ab21acdf1c81530f0.jpg

The four holes close together mount the rear wing in its original position, the others were added because im not yet sure how im mounting an alternate body on mine so i wanted options.

Replacing the eyelet on the front increases the ride there, maxing when using the middle hole, the spacer on the shock rod can also be taken out as they will already bottom out a couple of mms before the chassi hits the ground:

FrontExtendedEyelets.jpg.e718bb61230a852a0c2147ad7e0b94e3.jpg

Replacing the lower arm and eyelets (or using the low profile shock tower and shorter eyelets that come on the sprue) on the rear maxes ride there, to fit this you need to switch the left and right uprights because this also decreases the wheelbase by about a cm:

RearExtendedEyelets.jpg.d4f9642e8f60fc4a9b911a1c6a26f018.jpg

These simple addons give around a centimeter of extra ground clearance and since using further out holes does not give the suspension extra leverage to compress the shocks, giving better dampening.

I think the rears would still benefit from a heavier oil but with just the stock this is way better than with the original parts.

The attached zip contains the eyelet, shock tower and left rear arm, mirror in your slicer for a right.

I printed these in PLA on my multiple years old diy I3 printer, they may be more durable in some other material but i dont have the option.

You may need to the clean out the holes holding the arm to the chassi and upright to the arm, i used a round 3mm file in a hand drill.

ADDITION:

Since i already have this design thread started and the parts are going on the same car i figured id add these in here as well.

Sand Scorcher body shell mounts.

They are in their intended printing orientation, this so that layers will be going the full lenght of the parts for maximal strength at the cost of some support cleanup.

The front one bolts to the stock front body post holes, the rear sleeves over the rear body post and bolts into my low rear shock tower.

SS-mounts.png.e61cc9a006f3bbae1a710b3b47626824.pngIMG_20220312_140046a.jpg.2da7196933a4106e61f4b4f422b496cf.jpgIMG_20220312_140025a.jpg.b370a488b88933bf3b0f9032f7213dde.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work, @Ziddan!  Would you have any camber values at what you consider normal operating height?  It there still some negative camber?  

Would you be making camber adjustable upper arms?  

• Like 1

Looks great @Ziddan, nice work and thanks for sharing the files.

I was thinking the very same @Willy iine, guess it just needs a turnbuckle set to adjust the camber.

• Like 2

If it does need more negative camber you could always just lengthen the new lower arm by a mm or two. It doesn't need much to give a couple of degrees of neg camber and won't screw up the driveshafts if it's only a little. I did the same on some TT01 uprights I did because I didn't want to faff with camber links. 

• Like 3

I hadnt considered the camber but since i calipered the hole distances i guess it should be as it was with the stock bitz.

While i havnt checked for it i also havnt noticed any obvious change.

As for adjustability, making eyelets that would go onto some m3 threaded  rod to allow for changing it easily is pretty trivial so i ill whip some together and put the files up here when i get home from work.

I started poking at a lower shock tower yesterday, would eliminate the need for the extended eyelets in the back.
Its also going to have shorter attachment points for the top of the shock to bolt into, bringing the shocks forward by about half a cm, decreasing leverage to flex the shock tower.
When thats done im going to make another version for the rear arms to make the bulgy bit the shocks bolt into that much shorter since the reason it got so big was that i wanted to shorten the wheelbase.

Thanks for the input all :)

• Like 3

The new lower profile shock tower fits and the extended shock eyelets can be excluded in the rear :)

The four holes close together in the middle are in to mount the wing in the stock position, i added a bunch of extra holes as im not sure how im going to mount the body i want on it.

Zip file attached, to use this you also need the lower arms included in an earlier post as the position will cause the wheel shaft drive cups to rub on the stock arms.

ShockTowerLower.jpg.442e4b7171ee6981702da0779ed6d10d.jpgNewRearShockTower.jpg.96ff28dfdfdd7d06a7daa3af29b4cefe.jpg

LowProfileRearShockTower.zip

• Like 2

Remembered that there are shorter shock eyelets and made an even lower profile shock tower.

Ive updated the zip in the top/original post to contain the best three part versions ive made for this.

• Like 1

Ive added in my Sand Scorcher body shell mounts to the top post and the drive folder.