jonnas42

Hotshot mk1 restoration rebuild

48 minutes ago, jonnas42 said:

Very nice, love the white body and wing, goes really well with the wheels.

is it a runner, or does it live on the shelf?

Well it was meant to be a runner but it hasn't done many miles over the winter! I just wish there were more places for a middle-aged bloke to run them round here!

10 hours ago, LEE71 said:

Well it was meant to be a runner but it hasn't done many miles over the winter! I just wish there were more places for a middle-aged bloke to run them round here!

Do you any of the indoor electric clubs ever hold events just for vintage owners to parade their models at all?

49 minutes ago, jonnas42 said:

Do you any of the indoor electric clubs ever hold events just for vintage owners to parade their models at all?

I have absolutely no idea to be honest. I only got back into RC at the end of last year. Tamiya Junkies is looking interesting for me but not been back on track since around '88!

Luckily I'm 2 mins from the beach so just finishing a Blitzer Beetle for beach bashing. I didn't really want to use HS (or Top Force Evo ReRe I've recently finished) on beach.

• Like 1

Thought I’d give a quick update.

I haven’t done anything more to the Hotshot due to the fact I’m waiting for a donor  to arrive from the States.

I plan to use the best bits from both models to build the mk 1 then sell on the remaining parts.

6D0C7B7C-8CC8-4807-B730-291732CB5F0C.png

Well it’s been a while.

Finished the Hotshot recently, quite a difference from the last pictures.

I’ve added the parts from the donor model, really happy with how it’s turned out.

It doesn’t look brand new, it got a bit of patina, but I like it.

I’ll add some pictures soon.

• Like 3

@jonnas42 I'm glad you got it complete. My rebuild is still sitting waiting for attention. I would love to see some pictures when you have a moment.

Well at long last I’ve finally finished.

Ended up with a couple re re parts in the end. Rear upper suspension arms, the originals were glued but they just kept on snapping.

Spot lights are new, as well as the motor.

The KC decals, K&N and wing number 7 as well as the main number 7 and white background are all MCI, as good as you can get really.

All the Electrics are period correct, partnered with an Acoms mk III transmitter.

Only thing I would like to swap out are the front drive shafts, they have the 2 rings machined at each end whereas they should just have one ring.

The body shell isn’t immaculate, but it’s original, so I think it adds to the charm, it’s over 35 years old I suppose.

36CE1CAE-08B7-40F9-88A0-82EB368D3DE3.jpeg

• Like 1