jonnas42

Hotshot mk1 restoration rebuild

1 hour ago, LEE71 said:

Absolutely beautiful.  Good work!!

Cheers Lee, appreciate it.

I see your just up the coast. I'm only newly back to this. Where do you run RC in the NE? I've not been on track since'88 and would love to get a bit of casual track time in!

54 minutes ago, LEE71 said:

I see your just up the coast. I'm only newly back to this. Where do you run RC in the NE? I've not been on track since'88 and would love to get a bit of casual track time in!

Yes mate, I’m in Gateshead.

There is an indoor winter club meeting at Nissan and an astroturf outdoor track at the same venue for 1/10 off road.

I’ve only been once, wasn’t for me.

I must admit, i just prefer building them these days 

On 7/24/2022 at 12:17 AM, jonnas42 said:

C9D5CDF5-7333-42C0-B4B4-C0FE7A3C627A.jpeg

That is some very intricate tying on of the mesh, nicely done 👍🏻

My late Grandad was from Gateshead. His plan at around 18 was to cycle to Kent to find work, but met Grandma in Hartlepool and that’s where he stayed til the ripe old age of 99. It must have been the daily Newky Browns that kept him healthy. 

10 hours ago, jonnas42 said:

Yes mate, I’m in Gateshead.

There is an indoor winter club meeting at Nissan and an astroturf outdoor track at the same venue for 1/10 off road.

I’ve only been once, wasn’t for me.

I must admit, i just prefer building them these days 

Yes, that's my fear. A middle aged bloke turning up with a rere vintage Tamiya. I do miss the old days of racing on grass/mud/dust. BITD it seemed that every other town had some sort of club!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

That is some very intricate tying on of the mesh, nicely done 👍🏻

My late Grandad was from Gateshead. His plan at around 18 was to cycle to Kent to find work, but met Grandma in Hartlepool and that’s where he stayed til the ripe old age of 99. It must have been the daily Newky Browns that kept him healthy. 

Well I’ve just googled it, 318 miles by road, no wonder he stopped in Hartlepool 🤣🤣

Good story.

Yes that wire is an unusual fiddly way of attaching the mesh, Tamiya had some odd ways back in the day.

• Like 1