If anyone's interested there's a great sale on the LMT right now through Losi.  $200 off the RTR and $150 off the roller version.  Couldn't resist and bought another roller for $250, fantastic deal.  It should be the V2 truck which is great, I can retire my original from racing and not worry about axle housings any longer...

• Like 3

Saw that.  Crazy sale, wonder if Losi is going to make it go away at that deep of a discount.  Certainly hope not.  Then again, I always felt their pricing was too high to start.  Was the v2 the updated axle housings or were there more extensive changes?

2 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

If anyone's interested there's a great sale on the LMT right now through Losi.  $200 off the RTR and $150 off the roller version.  Couldn't resist and bought another roller for $250, fantastic deal.  It should be the V2 truck which is great, I can retire my original from racing and not worry about axle housings any longer...

I ordered a roller, no idea when ill get to it but said screw it after buying alot astute 2022 hop ups only to be pushed back to june now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamiya3speed said:

Saw that.  Crazy sale, wonder if Losi is going to make it go away at that deep of a discount.  Certainly hope not.  Then again, I always felt their pricing was too high to start.  Was the v2 the updated axle housings or were there more extensive changes?

I think the only changes are the axle housings.  I've had mine since release and it has a lot of racing under it and not a single failure, just using it as an excuse to justify another.  I do hear the V2 housings are better but as long as you don't use the truck as an X-Maxx the originals are fine :)  

I thoght that as well as far as them phasing it out, but they have sales like this often on their entire line so I'd like to think that's not the case.  It was $75 off last week and I missed it by a few hours, glad I missed that first sale.   There was a great sale on the SMT10 a little while back and the same thing came up, but the SMT is still around.  Hopefully they all stay around for a while if for nothing else parts support.  

An incredible sale.

50% off the price of the RTR in the UK, before postage and any import fees.

I've enough in the pipeline so will pass this time but wow, was it tempting!

7 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

I think the only changes are the axle housings.  I've had mine since release and it has a lot of racing under it and not a single failure, just using it as an excuse to justify another.  I do hear the V2 housings are better but as long as you don't use the truck as an X-Maxx the originals are fine :)  

HAHA...My X-Maxx is one of the toughest vehicles I've ever owned and/or driven, especially the 8S trucks. They still can have issues, but it takes some effort to develop them. It's the first vehicle of mine that didn't stay pretty on it's maiden run because they literally beg to have the snot bashed out of them with the power they put down straight outta the box.

I been considering one of the LMT's for the coolness of them...I just need to ignore that and get back to wrenching...

• Like 1

Almost pulled the trigger on one but A: I take a very long time to make decisions and B: I'm mostly stuck in the land of Nimh and brushed motors and that's below the realm of trucks like the LMT but not smaller ones like the SMT10.

• Like 1

I wasn't going to buy another truck for a while, but this has been top of my wishlist for a long time and that's a price I can't miss.  That's £190 for a roller - that's less then a Clod Buster!  The roller isn't officially sold in the UK, but the RTR version is "on sale" right now at £619 :o 

However - neither Losi nor Tower do international shipping.

Does anyone know of a store with the discount that will ship to UK?

Alternatively, does anyone want to help with shipping?  As a non-kit version it's probably expensive to ship due to its size, and it'll probably get stung for VAT plus the handler's ransom.

@87lc2 roughly how big / heavy is the roller kit box?

Here's another rather leading question - could it go in a smaller box if it was reduced to kit form..?

Take a look at Amain Hobbies @Mad Ax, the coupon put it in my basket last night and then I had to hastily remove it before I got too giddy.

I bought my SMT10 discounted from them, arrived no problem.

• Like 1

@Mad Ax shipping on the roller from Amain is £50 at the cheapest level.

The RTRis approx £350 with the discount and postage is $115 - roughly £87.

Both before import duty.

EDIT: not sure if I am helping :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

EDIT: not sure if I am helping :ph34r:

there are two answers to that statement :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

I wasn't going to buy another truck for a while, but this has been top of my wishlist for a long time and that's a price I can't miss.  That's £190 for a roller - that's less then a Clod Buster!  The roller isn't officially sold in the UK, but the RTR version is "on sale" right now at £619 :o 

However - neither Losi nor Tower do international shipping.

Does anyone know of a store with the discount that will ship to UK?

Alternatively, does anyone want to help with shipping?  As a non-kit version it's probably expensive to ship due to its size, and it'll probably get stung for VAT plus the handler's ransom.

@87lc2 roughly how big / heavy is the roller kit box?

Here's another rather leading question - could it go in a smaller box if it was reduced to kit form..?

The box is huge, would probably cost a lot to ship to the UK without a business account.  Dimensions:

Product Dimensions 25.9 x 18.1 x 15.3 inches
Item Weight 14.98 pounds

Too bad they don't have discounts on the roller over there.  I think every monster lover should have one of these, they are great trucks and pretty much make every solid axle truck that came before it seem fragile and boring.  Except for maybe the Mad Force, but they're not really scale trucks.  

Hope you end up getting one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kotaman said:

HAHA...My X-Maxx is one of the toughest vehicles I've ever owned and/or driven, especially the 8S trucks.

Yes, the X-Maxx is an impressive beast.  Not really my taste, but I can certainly appreciate them.  At one of the monster races I go to in Jersey they have an X-Maxx class at the end of the day (mostly for fun) and they are just outrageous.  Makes our solid axle "race trucks" seem like kids toys :)  

gah, what have I done :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

gah, what have I done :lol:

Guess you got one then?  Nice :)  I think you'll like it.  

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Yay! You're on your way to a one-man monster truck festival @Mad Ax!

True story: during lockdown, I was tempted to set up a video camera and film myself driving my different monster trucks around my garden.  I was going to edit the video so that it displayed the name of the truck and driver (like the Trigger Kings videos), and each driver name would have been a different play on my name (e.g. Mad Ax, Mr M. Ax, M.P. Ax, Esquire, Lord Ax of Bath, Alex "Mad" Ax, etc...)

I was also going to do some buggy racing, and do a voiceover for the timing system:

Four minutes into the race, and the race order is: one.

Race over.  Finishing order: one.

Car one now has the fastest time of the day.

Thirty seconds until round one.

Start order for the next race: one.

I realise now, two and a half pints into the evening, that this thread reads a little bit like "I was going to be a stand-up comedian, and I was going to tell a joke, and it was going to be really funny and everyone was going to laugh."  Which is pure minimalist comedy at its very finest.  Or at least it would be, if I'd told it that way.  Which I didn't.

I did buy an LMT, BTW.  I have no idea how I'm going to afford a body, power system or servo for it, but I'll worry about that when it gets here.  Until then it can sit in the Pile Of Monster Trucks With No Body On with all the other monster trucks that don't have bodies on.

One day I'll get some friends who like monster trucks and then I'll be able to race it.  I'll let them drive the Clods and the SMT, and I'll have the LMT, so I'll win.

Somebody needs to help me decide a fantasy-themed name for the LMT and also help me find a Ford body that I haven't used on a monster truck yet.

• Like 3

One recommendation I'll make for bodies on the LMT - Go with the JConcepts crawler bodies rather than the MT bodies.  They are a good bit wider and suit the truck much better.  You can see the Bigfoot & USA-1 LMTs in my showroom, both are crawler bodies.  One is the 1970 C10 and the other is the 79 Ford F250.  You do need to cut the wheel wells out which I like on a monster anyway since they do that on the real trucks, but the extra width makes them look a lot more scale than with those skinny Jconcepts monster truck bodies that were meant for Clods/SMTs (they're even too skinny for those in my opinion but that's another topic).   I'm going to do another 79 Ford for the one coming tomorrow.  

Can't realy help with a theme, I don't have a creative bone in my body and will just replicate yet another old school truck :)   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Somebody needs to help me decide a fantasy-themed name for the LMT and also help me find a Ford body that I haven't used on a monster truck yet.

Don't know about theme, but modelsport here in the UK has a few Jconcepts bodies in stock and they have the Traxxas official Bigfoot body with the additional chrome hardware...

1 hour ago, paullyjay said:

Don't know about theme, but modelsport here in the UK has a few Jconcepts bodies in stock and they have the Traxxas official Bigfoot body with the additional chrome hardware...

That body is way too small for the LMT.  You need a 12.5-13" wheelbase body for this truck, the wider the better.  

I dream of my own Monster Truck Festival I'm the back yard @Mad Ax. But they need servicing / repairing / building. My line up would be

Dual Hunter (maybe more than one)

Mini Clod

CR-01

SMT10

I have a long way to go before I can run more than one at a time!

7 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

That body is way too small for the LMT.  You need a 12.5-13" wheelbase body for this truck, the wider the better.  

Glad you said that as I was going to get one of those traxxas shells!

2 minutes ago, paullyjay said:

Glad you said that as I was going to get one of those traxxas shells!

Glad it was helpful.  They're fine for a Clod being 7" width and 10.5" wheelbase, but the LMT needs a much bigger body.  

• Like 1

Mine was scheduled today, but looks like its coming tomorrow now.  Looks like they changed the packaging from the original.  Guess that means we definitley got the V2 trucks, good news.