17 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

I'm wondering if I should put the money back for a few more months and just get an RTR digger and sell on the body

Has anyone got an idea of size comparison between a stretched clod and an LMT? If the LMT Body fits my clod - get a Son Uva Digger RTR and I'll buy the body from you - you're not too far away from me!

• Like 1

@paullyjay according to online specs, the LMT has a 13.5" wheelbase.  That makes it 3" longer than a standard Clod, but I don't know how long your stretched one is ;) the arches on the SoaD body are cut fairly generously, it could probably be made to work over a near-as-dammit wheelbase.  If I do go that route I'll keep you in mind for the body, but it'll be a while before I can afford to buy it outright as well as a new body to go on it :)

• Like 1

That's too bad...you have to wonder how the can "lose" a box that big :)    I hope you end up getting one, but at the numbers you're talking I would understand passing on it.  

@Mad Ax My Clod is coming in at 11.5" so still 2" shorter than the LMT. I've been thinking about a set of four link suspension arms, perhaps I need to look into that a bit more and see if I can stretch things out a little more...

I'm in no hurry - I've maxxed out my 'hobby budget' recently with a Super Hot Shot purchase and a project buggy, so time is (as ever) the great healer!

• Like 1

Looks like my LMT is in the UK at last - had some movement on the trackers this weekend and it's now reported by ParcelForce as being in the UK, waiting customs clearance.

Hopefully the ransom demand will arrive in the next few days :)

• Like 3

I'm now watching Parcelforce's tracking page like a hawk :lol:

25/04 13:28 Arrived in the UK

25/04 13:39 Awaiting Customs clearance

26/04 13:51 Customs charges raised

26/04 14:44 Revised Customs charges raised

26/04 14:54 Released from customs

26/04 19:49 National Hub - Sorted

I'm not entirely sure what "revised customs charges raised" means - one now starts to panic that they're disagreeing with the goods value written on the document and are going to tax me on today's RRP, which is way more than I paid for it :lol: anyway, we'll see, earlier today the Parcelforce page was saying they would "send me a letter" with the customs fee on but that's now disappeared.

Also I've just done the finances for the last week, and realised just how much money I've spent in April.  Dang, I thought it had been a fairly cheap month, turns out I'd missed quite a lot of cash purchases that hadn't made it onto the spreadsheet.  It's now been a very expensive month.  A very expensive month.  Not sure I can afford a power system for this thing for quite a while :o 

12 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

26/04 14:44 Revised Customs charges raised

26/04 14:54 Released from customs

Parcelforce page was saying they would "send me a letter" with the customs fee on but that's now disappeared.

Based on the above... I'm betting on the positivity route - I reckon you'll just get it delivered in the next few days - no charges...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, as UK customs charges are often ridiculous!... 

3 minutes ago, paullyjay said:

Based on the above... I'm betting on the positivity route - I reckon you'll just get it delivered in the next few days - no charges...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, as UK customs charges are often ridiculous!... 

Latest update (as of 40 minutes ago) is it's now at the Bristol depot, awaiting payment of customs charges (it arrived in Bristol at 3am today, I kept refreshing hoping it change to Out For Delivery).  Nothing in my email inbox or spam, so I'm guessing a letter will arrive in the post today.  Assuming I can pay quickly online, I guess it'll be despatched tomorrow.

• Like 1

well, after arriving in the country and having customs charged applied, today a finally got my letter from Parcelforce.  I'm not quite sure what method they sent it by, I know this is England and we're a bit old-fashioned, but I thought stagecoaches went out years ago?

Anyhoo, the good news is that the import VAT was only £47 with no customs or excise, and even with Parcelforce's self-applied ransom of £12 that's still only £59.04.  Kinda bargainous, I think.

That's a grand total of £311.37, for a top-of-the-line monster truck chassis.  I don't think that's too bad, even if I have had to wait a while to get it.

Already got a steering servo put aside, hopefully my little side-hustle will pay out enough this weekend to allow me to buy a body and power system, and I can have this one running :)

• Like 3

Glad it is finally on its way @Mad Ax. That does seem like a good deal given that the RTR is approx £620 from a UK dealer. I'm not even sure you can get the roller over here!

That's right, no roller in the UK, as far as I can tell.  Cheapest I could find was a well-used RTR going on the 'bay for around the £400 mark.

TBH I might not be far from the RTR price by the time I've put a power system and body in, I'm hoping I'll have enough cash from a side-hustle this month to get a Hobbywing setup ready to drop in, and maybe run it with an old body for now.

• Like 1

Been refreshing the Parcelforce page all morning - finally, 10:07, Out For Delivery :o 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Been refreshing the Parcelforce page all morning - finally, 10:07, Out For Delivery :o 

Nice, tomorrow I finally am putting the electronics in mine along with treal servo saver, limiting straps & treal front & rear chassis cross braces. 

• Like 2

Still no show - what's the betting it arrives in the 20 minute window while I'm fetching the child from school..?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

Still no show - what's the betting it arrives in the 20 minute window while I'm fetching the child from school..?

Of course it will.   My first LMT (back in early 21) was coming on a Sunday and for some reason they had signature required on the tracking.  We set out to take the dog & baby on a walk and as we were halfway down the street I saw the FedEx truck.  I ran as fast as I could to get there but he was gone.   Luckily he left the box!  We know him pretty well so he'll usually just leave stuff around the back of the house or by the garage.  I would have been so disappointed if I missed it that day. 

...well...?

I guess you haven't posted because you're just drooling over your new behemoth @Mad Ax?

Or more likely, real life has kicked in and you're busy parenting :D

1 minute ago, Badcrumble said:

...well...?

I guess you haven't posted because you're just drooling over your new behemoth @Mad Ax?

Or more likely, real life has kicked in and you're busy parenting :D

I thought I was the only one waiting :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

*sigh*

maybe tomorrow...

12 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

*sigh*

maybe tomorrow...

I thought you ordered a biggish Losi rather than the littlest Hobao?

...I'll get my coat...

Hoping you get it today.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Hoping you get it today.

according to the online tracker, it was prepared for despatch at 4am yesterday but never actually left the depot.  Last update online was 7am today and no change, still prepared for despatch yesterday.

TBH I don't really mind when it gets here, just when they say "we'll deliver on Wednesday" it would be nice for them to actually deliver on Wednesday.  I deliberately cancelled a trip to the office when they said it would be delivered last Weds, which cost me around £17 net in travel allowance, and it's going to cost me that for every day I don't book an office visit because I'm expecting it to turn up.

Parcelfarce are really living up to their reputation this time.

• Sad 2

So today I finally got my LMT up and running. I will say I am very impressed. It handles great, plenty of power with a sensorless  3665 3400kv with a castle mamba x esc and again no cogging. So far I only ran it on 2s which I will eventually buy and try a 3s. Only negative which is minor for what I want to do with the truck is the stock tires are heavy. I will eventually change to jconcepts renegades but i am in no rush. 

• Like 2

Well, my parcel is scheduled for delivery again - and by following a handful of links within the Parcelforce website I've discovered a live van tracker.  Apparently "david" is still sitting in the Parcelforce depot in Bristol, where he has been for the last 40 minutes.  He should be here around lunchtime :) 

I will provide updates as and when I remember to refresh the page, for the purposes of comic relief.

He's still in the depot.  Maybe he's gone back in for an extra coffee.  It's a dilemma faced by sports car endurance racers and Parcelforce drivers - do you spend longer in the pits fuelling up so you can push harder on your stint, or do you do a short stop and give yourself more time to get the job done, albeit at a slower rate?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1