He's now literally just down the road from me!  That's quite some distance to have travelled in the last hour (it's doable, but not if he's stopping to make drops).  I expect the updates are a bit delayed, and he probably wasn't having an extra coffee after all.  That's just as well, because many of the public conveniences have been closed and those that remain are suspiciously far from any good parting spots.

• Haha 1

He's still in exactly the same place.  I thought he was making a delivery to the barber shop, but maybe he's getting a trim.  When you're out in public all day in a bright red van, you gotta keep that skin fade looking fresh.

• Haha 1

Now he's on the trading estate at the other end of town.  Actually still only a 5 minute cycle ride from me.  It may seem strange that he should be so close and now so far, but the road layout here is strange, he would have to get back onto the main route out of town to get to my place from his last drop, so it's probably more efficient to stay on that route, go to the trading estate, then come back in via the housing estate to get to me.  Probably via a dozen other residents, all waiting for RC monster trucks from the US.  I'm literally one of the last 3 houses before he ends up on a left-turn-only back onto main route out of town again.

OK, now he's literally in the middle of nowhere.  I mean, there's not even a road on the map.  Maybe he's Skyrimming it across open wilderness looking for quests.  It's OK though, he can probably Fast Travel back to the estate from there, as long as he doesn't get attacked by frostbite spiders.

ok, now he's properly heading out of town.  He's within the proposed delivery window, another 45 minutes and he'll be late.  I need to put the washing out, but I might not hear the doorbell.

he's at the hardware store just off the end of my estate!

ok, for a while he seemed to be getting closer, but now he's turned around and gone back the other way towards the trading estate again.  Who does these route plans..?

ok, now he's on the estate on the other side of the main road.  I guess that kinda makes sense if he's going to loop back into my estate, but he's now dangerously close to missing his delivery window - plus we're into my lunchbreak, and I've still got to put the washing out and do the household finances.

What's worse is my neighbours seem to be up to some kind of DIY or furniture movement, so I can hear all their stuff moving around through the walls, plus it's a bit breezy outside so the vent keeps flapping in the bathroom, all of which sounds a bit like someone putting a heavy box down outside the front door.

he's on my estate!

OMG DOORBELL!!  brb...

OK, it's here :D

apologies for all the white noise, I appreciate this adds nothing of value to the discussion, I'll be quiet now and if anyone thinks it's not necessary I'll delete all my waffle posts.

Pics and project details will follow in a dedicated thread once I get time to start work :) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Finally!  I got a kick out of all that.  Sound like they could improve the efficiency of the operation over there :)   Interested to hear what you think of it.  I'm happy more TC members are getting these, I know @Rb4276 got his running the other day.   

As I said earlier, I've found the V2 truck much better out of the box, but be sure to check the hardware just in case.  Also check the rear hubs, mine had two different offsets installed from the factory (luckily they come with extras).  Also check that the shock rod ends are not stripped.  I hear a lot of complaints about the shocks coming apart but it's usually that the rod end was tightened too much from the factory and they were stripped so they just pull out.  I find the shocks on the LMT awesome, very nice pieces.  Even better when adding TLR o-rings, gets rid of the sticky feeling after they sit a while.  Overall such an awesome truck and can't wait to hear what you think.  

Yeah, I'll probably give it a strip and rebuild when I get time.  I've ordered a power system already, had the money put back to get it as soon as it arrived.  I know what body I want but I'll save that for the main thread.  There's still a bit of cash left over from buying the power system, so I might get the body ordered today also.  I've got a spare receiver and a servo sitting by ready, so I might have it running at the weekend :)

Awesome, hopefully you get her running soon.  Not to spoil your thread, but what's going to power it?  

That kept me entertained @Mad Ax! I had the vicarious thrill of purchase arrival without the wallet emptying! On the other hand, I don't have the truck :(

I'm really hoping (against hope) that it isn't the best thing since sliced bread and I should have got one too...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bavee said:

@Mad Ax this thread needs a picture of the heavy box outside your front door :D.

I did actually take a pic of the transit box inside my hallway - it just about fits!  Then I hurriedly took the display box out to check nothing was damaged.  It's obviously had a hard journey because there's a witness mark in the box where the wheelie bar has punched through, actually marked all the way to the outside of the transit box, but the chassis is undamaged so it's all good.

Anyway, I didn't post the pic because I can't access TCPhotos from my work laptop and after messing around waiting for parcels, then opening boxes, then being late getting the washing out, I was a bit behind on my work quota so I didn't go off to get my other laptop.  I'll post some photos up as soon as all the more important work and household stuff is covered and I can actually relax for a bit :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Awesome, hopefully you get her running soon.  Not to spoil your thread, but what's going to power it?  

Similar to what you recommended on page 2 - a 4000Kv Hobbywing 3660.  We can't seem to get the 3665 over here, and a genuine 1/8 system puts the price way up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

OK, it's here :D

apologies for all the white noise, I appreciate this adds nothing of value to the discussion, I'll be quiet now and if anyone thinks it's not necessary I'll delete all my waffle posts.

Pics and project details will follow in a dedicated thread once I get time to start work :) 

Finally!!!!! I was on tenterhooks with you the whole way!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Similar to what you recommended on page 2 - a 4000Kv Hobbywing 3660.  We can't seem to get the 3665 over here, and a genuine 1/8 system puts the price way up.

That should move the beat along nicely!   The 3660 will be fine, that's what the come with stock and people abuse them with no issues.  You may need to drop a pinion size or two depending on what you think when it gets going.  In the most recent truck I put a 3800kv and went down a couple pinion sizes, but it would have been fine with the stocker if I chose to go that route.  

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Well done to anyone who picked up one of these. The Roller kit has been discontinued :(

https://www.losi.com/product/lmt-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-roller/LOS04022.html

Yea, this was sad news.  I was hoping they'd release another Roller with the new Mega Trucks but nothing yet.  Was planning on getting a couple more but not in RTR form, no interest in those bodies/wheels/electronics.

Well, that sucks. I was tempted a couple times but was holding out for a kit (I know, dream on). I guess, in the end, I was hesitant to buy something so nice that it would blow my current trucks out of the water. I like my outdated mod Clods.