alvinlwh

880? Or not?

Just curious, but why run the 1060 when there is the 1080? Aside from the added power handling, I find it to be a lot smoother and the brake function actually work. The brake function of the 1060 is horrible at best. The 1080 is an overall better esc.

4 hours ago, DK308 said:

Just curious, but why run the 1060 when there is the 1080? Aside from the added power handling, I find it to be a lot smoother and the brake function actually work. The brake function of the 1060 is horrible at best. The 1080 is an overall better esc.

Because I already have a 1060.

Because a 1060 fits in the space while a 1080 (or 880) will not. 

Because a 1080 costs twice as much as a 1060 and this, at the moment, is just an experiment which may proceed no further. So I do not want to invest that much on something I may not need for long. Actually, I do have a Surpass ESC that has the same spec as the 1080 if I really need that much power, which brings me to the next point. 

Because I do not need, or are even supposed to use high powered motors in this chassis due to its gear ratio. Even the lowest gear ratio in this chassis is higher than the recommended for most common motors. 

Recommended from the manufacturer is no lower than 26T(17500RPM), which is around Torque Tuned numbers, which a 1060 can easily handle two of. I ran a 380ST in it for a while and the speed is causing the chassis quite a bit of stress.