JezHall

TL01 Touring Car shocks.....

Could anyone recomend good oil filled shocks for my TL01 Touring car?

I changed the springs on the originals but still not great...

Thanks in advance...

TL01.jpg

Tamiya CVA oil shocks are good. Many tuning options available ( ie. Piston rod, oil, piston) are light too. The next step up is the aluminum Tamiya Trf  shocks.  As for other makers I haven’t had good experiences. 

I am also looking for some longer shocks for my buggies and the Trf are too expensive

153D2BB1-EC5E-4AB2-B47C-86653CAA211C.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Rvl 2 said:

Tamiya CVA oil shocks are good. Many tuning options available ( ie. Piston rod, oil, piston) are light too. The next step up is the aluminum Tamiya Trf  shocks.  As for other makers I haven’t had good experiences. 

I am also looking for some longer shocks for my buggies and the Trf are too expensive

153D2BB1-EC5E-4AB2-B47C-86653CAA211C.jpeg

WOW....I've just seen the price of the TRF's! I'll go with the CVA's! 

Thank you

https://tamiyabase.com/parts/1181-50519?position=15184&total=18544

I don’t have a tl01 but I think these ones. And because they are cheap I would order 8 shocks and set them up varying from very soft to medium. Then switch them out to tune the car and course. Make sure you number the shock pairs 1-4. Later on buy some more shock oils and spring hardness and some more shocks. Make sure you have a notebook to copy down shock setup and experiment. It is easier to pop a shock on and off then rebuild it during a race or when fooling around.