I was just looking through random rc videos and found this… if i can get a hold of a spare chassis i might try it… ill try to email the author and ask if he can share the 3d printed parts

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Whoa, that's clever!

Looks like there was a video showing what it was like before. 

And he made this driver movable too. Is he a member, I wonder?

• Like 1

Ha ha - awesome!

I wonder if they'd been trawling back through this forum (as far back as 2014), as I recall a similar conversation in this thread here: 

Looks like someone actually went ahead and did it! 

For anyone wondering, this the scene I was thinking about, from the James Bond movie Licence to Kill:

The question is though - will it wheelie?!

Jenny x

Wow!  That is awesome!  I've seen some neat G6 mods but that takes it to another level!

If these chassis were cheaper I'd probably own a fleet of them.  That pivot mod might make a capable crawler with some damping on the hinge.

With enough torque and traction, it should wheelie, right?  But there's no centre diff, so it won't wheelie when the rear wheels stall, like a 4x4 crawler (unless it actually wheelies off the rear axle).  Unless the centre gear spins the other way, in which case, will it fold up like a caterpillar..?

I wonder if you could stitch together enough to do an rc version of the 16 wheel Tomy Monster Machines Mad Masher! That would make it truly epic. 

• Like 1

I really like it, bit personally whilst I think the concertina cab is a neat idea and wondfully executed for me it does look a little strange. I would rather the front cab cut in half, and then flatbed on the rear.

Still amazing idea.