wolfdogstinkus

The "OMG!!" Tamiya are making what now?

In contrast to the "re-release of your dreams thread", it's time to remove your rose tinted Turkish delight glasses and look towards the future designs..

Staying true to originality, I am calling for the original models in scales we never imagined before!!.

A range of 1/4 scale original monster trucks big enough for kids to ride on but still made from a kit..

The wild mini 4wd monster trucks but fully proportional RC models instead of battery driven forward only.

A range of true scale models suitable for RC equipment, back to your roots with a scale Volkswagen beetle with accurate scale suspension, engine and floorpans. 

A super tough range of 1/8 scale models of all our old favourites to compete with the likes of Traxxas and Arrma. A 1/8 lunchbox with thick lexan body and 6s lipo, capable of 50mph without tipping over.. lol

I think I would buy any of the above.

What's your dream future model??

• Like 3

A 1:8 Corvette ZR1 with the 1990 style would be the one for me. Love that wide curved look. ^_^

• Like 1

Top of my list would be a County forestry tractor in 1/10 scale. With realistic suspension and transmission. Designed for trails / crawling, definitely not another farm king.

2-Counties.jpg

I mentioned this years ago on TC several times and Tamiya have completely ignored the hints, so I got fed up with waiting and have started building my own approximation:

FrAx-Assembly-1.jpg

If I can manage this on my own I'm sure it's possible for them.....

Also, as you're asking:

Clod buster with TXT-1 wheels and hubs, and my servo on axle steering mod. It improves the handling and would add nothing to the cost of the kit.

SAM_2127.jpg

SAM_2128.jpg

I'll even give them the dimensions for the bracket...  ;)

Clod-Steering-bracket.jpg

4wd lunch box with leaf springs, solid axles, and 4wd.

img33435_15072012232000_2_1100_.jpg

Juggernaut 3 with Clod tires and shell, hi lift shocks, and 4 links on the front to give it some suspension articulation.

img33435_7182021120204_1_1100_.jpg

And of course, no wish would be complete without a 1/10 6x6 2400 watt motor War Rig. However, I fear if tamiya mass produced this it would add to the worldwide ISO container shortage due to the size of the box:

SAM_1289.jpg

• Like 10

Amphibious Schwimmwagen?

ba4TV6G.jpg

It doesn't have to be 1/6 like Rochobby jeep. But it should be as big as CC-01.  

CQan9MT.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

Amphibious Schwimmwagen?

ba4TV6G.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Grasshopper, Hornet, Pumpkin, Clod etc, mark II. Same body and arts, but all new chassis. Means you don't need to decide between handling and classic style.

Tamiya QD range on GF01 platform

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Top of my list would be a County forestry tractor in 1/10 scale. With realistic suspension and transmission. Designed for trails / crawling, definitely not another farm king.

How about this? 

AgTRAXE.jpeg

They can come out with a new RC tank and tractor combo kit at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hollywood range.

Dukes of hazzard

A team

Scooby Doo

Starsky and hutch

Back to the future.

Or a collaboration with one of the big American car shows to produce "gas monkey" cars 

• Like 1

I would like them to take the Mini4WD range and turn it into a Kyosho mini-z competitor.

I'd like to see some vintage stuff - some of the prettiest cars ever made.

'57 Corvette anyone?

Time Is Running Out To Win This Restored 1957 Chevrolet Corvette

Or how about a D-Type?

Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust

... and pretty much anything with wire wheels - love to see some nicely done scale wire wheels :) How about a 356?

TheSamba.com :: Porsche - 356 - View topic - Porsche 356A Wire Wheels

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MadInventor said:

2-Counties.jpg

I mentioned this years ago on TC several times and Tamiya have completely ignored the hints, so I got fed up with waiting and have started building my own approximation:

FrAx-Assembly-1.jpg

If I can manage this on my own I'm sure it's possible for them.....

Also, as you're asking:

Clod buster with TXT-1 wheels and hubs, and my servo on axle steering mod. It improves the handling and would add nothing to the cost of the kit.

SAM_2127.jpg

SAM_2128.jpg

I'll even give them the dimensions for the bracket...  ;)

Clod-Steering-bracket.jpg

4wd lunch box with leaf springs, solid axles, and 4wd.

img33435_15072012232000_2_1100_.jpg

Juggernaut 3 with Clod tires and shell, hi lift shocks, and 4 links on the front to give it some suspension articulation.

img33435_7182021120204_1_1100_.jpg

And of course, no wish would be complete without a 1/10 6x6 2400 watt motor War Rig. However, I fear if tamiya mass produced this it would add to the worldwide ISO container shortage due to the size of the box:

SAM_1289.jpg

WITNESS! Shiny and chrome may you ride in Valhalla.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Hollywood range.

Dukes of hazzard

A team

Scooby Doo

Starsky and hutch

Back to the future.

Or a collaboration with one of the big American car shows to produce "gas monkey" cars 

Don't forget KITT. Not Hollywood, but got to be one the most famous on screen cars ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Don't forget KITT. Not Hollywood, but got to be one the most famous on screen cars ever.

Didn't mean to leave K.I.T.T out, was a quick post at work.

And wacky races.. lol

Dick Dastardly's speedster?

27 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Didn't mean to leave K.I.T.T out, was a quick post at work.

And wacky races.. lol

Dick Dastardly's speedster?

The Army Surplus Special :D