Sign in to follow this  
Ziddan

DT02 Scorcher Shell mounts - free 3d printable files

THINGIVERSE LINK HERE

Wanted to mount my Sand Scorcher shell on a DT-02 Chassi so i whipped up these body mounts.

dt02shellon.jpg.21b29a0fd294d456fbdd66701f57d09a.jpg

chassidone.jpg.9f995f9964c9cb201a04358b574eabaa.jpg

Mounts-smaller.thumb.jpg.3ef335d159d7a181dfd00570921b1220.jpg

The front one mounts over the front shock tower brace and down in the bulkhead with a m3 single bolt, the post then attaches to that using two m3 bolts+nuts, there is some height adjustability using oval holes for the bolts in addition to some extra holes in the post itself.

I like to put a body clip, an o-ring, the shell, another o-ring and then a body clip to minimize scratching the shell and eliminate some rattling.

The rear mount bolts to the rear shock tower using four m3 bolts+nuts and requires some spacers to move it back slightly, i used two m3 nuts on the top two bolts for this spacing.

The flat part of the metal bracket that screws into the inside of the roof of the Scorcher shell goes into the slot in the rear mount.

Here are the other 3d printable files i used to make my DT02 Scorcher have the correct wheelbase, narrower tread and rims to fit the tires.
Front arms from here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4809198
Rear arms and rims from here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5023238

Im also including a printable dogbone for the rear as i had to print a set due to the cvds i ordered not fitting the diff cups.

The initial 1.2mm wall versions i printed broke when testing on carpet.
The next had lots of perimeters and top/bottom layers leaving just a small infill in the center for the cylinder, i used a lighted to soften and squish the cylindrical center of the dogbones to get the layers to hold together better and they are a lot stronger.
Doubt they will hold up to long term use tho but fine for testing and already have correct parts on the way, the linked above arms use tt02 dogbones or cvds.

• Like 1