tim.senecal

retro/vintage remake of the classic battery cases

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@IceBox Is there a reason why you removed the cells if only for display?   I have a few of those hump backs and they still have cells in them... and holy cow they still held a charge!  :D 

I too display them.. with time appropriate cars. 

IMG_2022-3-2-164622.jpg.dae454cc206867c95b4109037bc52143.jpg

That’s so hot!! How do you keep your fenders from being scraped up?  Not run them?  I keep flipping and rolling my HCT. It’s got a case of road rash on all 4 fenders 

DkXGOvj.jpg

I am upgrading my elegoo mars to a saturn as we speak.  the dimensions of the Mars barely fit, and i am using this and a few other projects as an excuse to upgrade...   IceBox, if you are willing to let me borrow your case for a week or so sometime in the distant future i would definitely appreciate it.  that way i could get all the embossed areas nicely copied.   I will PM you to set the lending up.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 3:58 PM, Willy iine said:

@IceBox Is there a reason why you removed the cells if only for display?   I have a few of those hump backs and they still have cells in them... and holy cow they still held a charge!  :D 

I too display them.. with time appropriate cars. 

IMG_2022-3-2-164622.jpg.dae454cc206867c95b4109037bc52143.jpg

Nice ,, I removed the cells to prevent any chance of the cells causing damage . I had no interest in running the pack .

On 5/12/2022 at 8:27 AM, JeffSpicoli said:

Anyone have one of these melt partially as a kid? LOL I had one that was partially melted but still worked.  

Yes, my original battery for my Super Champ went all melty, it didn't work afterwards. I didn't get a Tamiya pack again, the next batteries were all shrink-wrapped.

• Like 1