Ironfather

rudeness of people on this sight

Some people on this site think they know it all, and state that they hate the way in witch someone else is trying to help someone that needs it.

I think these people need to remember that OLD SAYING of "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything" and keep your idiotic statements to yourself!!!!!

It is stupid people like this that think the world is ok with them,  when they are the problem.

I've said my rant.  Iwill say No more on this topic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Ironfather said:

Some people on this site think they know it all, and state that they hate the way in witch someone else is trying to help someone that needs it.

I think these people need to remember that OLD SAYING of "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything" and keep your idiotic statements to yourself!!!!!

It is stupid people like this that think the world is ok with them,  when they are the problem.

Hi, Is this a general observation, something from a post or someone said something to you via DM please? It would appear you have only posted three times including this one and having reviewed the other two I see nothing untoward.

Generally I feel the tone of the replies on the site is good and we do keep an eye on replies where we can. We do however rely on members to report posts they find inappropriate. 

One thing I would remember is English isn't everyone's first language and there are cultural differences as well. We do bear that in mind but also remind people that a reply could be phrased differently sometimes.

On balance based on the member count we have (coming up to 56k), things are pretty smooth and we dont feel overly moderated due to comments. 

• Like 21

29 minutes ago, acprc said:

Hi, Is this a general observation, something from a post or someone said something to you via DM please? It would appear you have only posted three times including this one and having reviewed the other two I see nothing untoward.

Generally I feel the tone of the replies on the site is good and we do keep an eye on replies where we can. We do however reply on members to report posts they find inappropriate. 

One thing I would remember is English isn't everyone's first language and there are cultural differences as well. We do bear that in mind but also remind people that a reply could be phrased differently sometimes.

On balance based on the member count we have, things are pretty smooth and we dont feel overly moderated due to comments. 

Here here!

• Like 5

I've been on a lot of message boards over the years and this is THE nicest, most civil MB EVER.

That said, people are people and sometimes people are jerks...  Sorry it happened to you...  Sorry if it was me...

Terry

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

Never seen any negative statements on here that could cause offence, but saying that I am fairly thick skinned!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

This must be about a very specific almost one off post and is very much the exception to the norm. By far the best / nicest forum ive ever visited.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ironfather said:

Hi. This is your third posting here? Are you shure its the others who are the rude ones? TC is the one forum I am using, the other one is for some special kind of motobikes. There you need thick skin and not taking everything personal. Here on TC are the most friendly people activ who are surfing the internet, trust me!

• Like 3

TC members are spot on. You could be on worse forums trust me…

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ironfather said:

I'm gonna assume this in relation to your last post in July of 2020. Seems like a perfectly normal contrary option/opinion was offered and nothing more than that.

this really is the most helpful and friendly forum i've been on, so either you've been unlucky or you're manifesting the rudeness you expect to see.

• Like 1

When I see posts like this it always makes me think that theres always that other RC forum that gets linked to every now and again where there was about four pages of personal insults and arguing about whether a plastic spoon was suitable for testing out some spray paint on.

• Haha 6

I agree Ironfather - They either are rude or ignore your questions etc I just block them and problem solved. 🙏🏻

30 minutes ago, matisse said:

I'm gonna assume this in relation to your last post in July of 2020. Seems like a perfectly normal contrary option/opinion was offered and nothing more than that.

this really is the most helpful and friendly forum i've been on, so either you've been unlucky or you're manifesting the rudeness you expect to see.

I just took a peak at the aforementioned post (July 2020), and I'm the only one who replied to the OP on that thread.

Was my reply offensive? I certainly didn't mean it to be.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I just took a peak at the aforementioned post (July 2020), and I'm the only one who replied to the OP on that thread.

With you username you have to be! :D

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

*shrug* i'm only surmising based on his lack of activity. I also thought your reply was perfectly fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ironfather said:

"If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything"

Sound advice - feel free to follow it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For me this (and the Unofficial Airfix Modellers' Forum) is the most friendly and helpful forum I visit.  It must have been an incident if someone made a rude post.

• Like 1

for me being a member since 2004 and signing in nearly every day i really have never came across the know it all attitude on here mind you i recently had the very same on a forum called tapeheads and you do really get that know it all attitude on there and tbh i really let rip to them and will never use it again 

my philosophy in life has became treat how i am treated and i stick to it .

this site to me is invaluable to me even though i have been into rc's since the 80's i will be the first to admit i dont know a lot and i forget a lot  so this site is in my eyes the best

just remember every one is allowed a bad day and does have bad days  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

If the impression of rudeness should be related to the thread about the abnormal noise from a TT-01 drivetrain, I can't see how DeadMeat666's or any other's comments are rude. As most, if not all have commented here, this forum is known to be exceptionally "friendly" and has been since the very start. So considering that you (Ironfather) so far has posted only 3 times, I would suggest that you post a few more times before making a negative conclusion, even if you should have a negative impression this far. 

• Like 3

Well, I went back and looked at OP’s posts too and I don’t see anything that appears to be rude. This is a very well behaved group of forum members. I say keep posting and enjoy your time spent here. If you think someone is being rude, let us know. :) 

• Like 1

I only need to read the difference in tone between the two XV-02 threads on TC and the other site to see how friendly and cordial this place is. Thank you all!

• Like 3

I think this forum is one of the nicest I've used - I see quite a few rude posters on RcTech forums, but very few here tbh

Thanks all for the replies so far. I think myself, the other Mods and @netsmithUK would agree the site is a friendly place to be. We know we arent always as attentive as members would like us to be and we are working  on that however with regards the original post it would appear we all love each other.

Play nice...and remember

toys.thumb.jpg.68e853f8d32d4daaa4622a814d060dd7.jpg

Adam

• Like 13

Some people say that if you drive a Tamiya, "Petrol ones are better?"

"You must have a small peepee"

And other less complimentary statements,

All we know is that they drive a Traxxas..

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Some people say that if you drive a Tamiya, "Petrol ones are better?"

"You must have a small peepee"

And other less complimentary statements,

All we know is that they drive a Traxxas..

I have a friend that refused to talk to me about Tamiya. He drives Kyoshos. 

• Haha 4