Ironfather

rudeness of people on this sight

9 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

I have a friend that refused to talk to me about Tamiya. He drives Kyoshos. 

LOL!  Some friend!  :rolleyes:

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I remember posting things for the first time several years back. That was like the first day of kindergarten almost half century ago.  I was really nervous that somebody would say things like, "you don't even know that?"  But nobody said that. Everybody was nice.  Of course, nobody would agree with everything that's said. If everybody thought the same way, the world would be a terribly boring place. Besides, the very nature of learning is to hear what others say.  No two people would say the same thing exactly.  

But occasionally, hearing the feedback on what people think of Tamiya Club is a good thing.  The admin got right on it.  And we are reminded that it takes everybody's efforts to keep the site nice.  

• Like 10

I've gotta agree with Juggular on how nice everyone on this board is.  As someone just getting back into the cars after a 35 year hiatus, I've asked more than a few questions here that anyone would have been well within their rights to respond "just read the manual" on, but no one did.  Everyone has been incredibly helpful, insightful, and has always pointed me in the proper direction.  badword, a member here even offered to send me parts for my Falcon for just shipping costs (calling you out BeetleManKurt because that was an incredibly kind gesture!  You're the man!)  How many other places would have members willing to do that on hard to source parts?

The one thing I will mention for Ironfather's benefit is that I did notice that in both of his responses, he mentions how "easy" the fix is.  What may be easy for him may not be for someone just starting back into the hobby or someone who is just starting in the hobby for the first time, and he needs to keep that in the back of his mind when responding.  Perhaps if he provides the advice without the "it's easy" commentary he might receive more friendly responses, although I will admit that personally I didn't see anything wrong with any of the responses in the threads he replied to.  Certainly nothing that would warrant his creation of this thread.

From my brief experience over the last year or so, I think this forum is incredible, it is run by a very responsive group of individuals, and I personally am very grateful for having found it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Got to say I'm a bit bewildered by the OP's post. I've never seen anything on here that I would relate to that kind of behaviour. I must've missed some posts:ph34r:

I guess that in general everyone can be a bit of a nobber at times. Maybe it's one of those things where if no one else is being a nobber... then you are the nobber!:blink::lol:

Edit: to be clear I'm not saying that ironfather is a nobber, or anyone else for that matter;) 

Edited by Kol__
Nobber clarification.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Tamiya Club is like an extension of my family - lots of brothers and sisters - no complaints here :wub:

• Like 7

Honestly this site is fantastic. Very rarely a bad word said, and people are as supportive and encouraging with a first time with GH as a veteran with something super rare or expensive.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Well,,, I hate all of you, I just haven't mentioned it yet...

Fair

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Well,,, I hate all of you, I just haven't mentioned it yet...

Well then, tis clear that you sir are the nobber my friend!  ...a secret, sly ninja nobber. One that strikes from the darkness to cut us all down when we are at our most vulnerable!:ph34r:

...or is it me that's the nobber? Ok I'm confused now.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Well then, tis clear that you sir are the nobber my friend!  ...a secret, sly ninja nobber. One that strikes from the darkness to cut us all down when we are at our most vulnerable!:ph34r:

...or is it me that's the nobber? Ok I'm confused now.

I find you all totally contemptable and only come on here to make myself feel better about my inestimable knowledge and skills :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, jonboy1 said:

I find you all totally contemptable and only come on here to make myself feel better about my inestimable knowledge and skills :)  

Uh-oh, double nobbers!:unsure: ...run for the hills and hide behind your RC work stands and A3 cutting mats guys!!!!:ph34r:

...or if you're @Willy iine, set your awesome army of Willys on the nobbers and defend our honour!

Willys Vs Nobbers! ...who will win, you decide...

• Haha 1

I only joined last August and really enjoyed the site and most of the people on here seem great. I co-own a large gaming focused forum and the behaviour there certainly makes me value the general civility and camaraderie here.

However my experience here has been spoiled somewhat since a very prominent poster took offence to me. Apparently I forget to say thanks after he answered a question I had posed and rather than engage me he decided to just block me!

Strange behaviour and even more baffling as the user in question recently wrote a post which I took real offence to (he made a joke about a condition my son struggles with). Mods here have simply ignored my reporting it.

I have much bigger worries to deal with in life at the moment but it is a shame as it does directly impact my enjoyment of the site which I had used as a bit of escape. 

At the end of the day forum users are human and humans are a strange breed!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Frog Jumper said:

LOL!  Some friend!  :rolleyes:

Terry

Oh no, that's not the end of it. He is part of the lipo + brushless fanboy club as well and insist that if I do not go down that route, I am nothing. When I tried to explain that I am in a no lipo zone where I cannot actually legally order lipo, he said I should go kill myself. Eh? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I only joined last August and really enjoyed the site and most of the people on here seem great. I co-own a large gaming focused forum and the behaviour there certainly makes me value the general civility and camaraderie here

Where you been bro? We've missed you;)

13 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Is it bad that this just really makes me want to say "your mum is a strange breed"

...yep, yep, that's bad isn't it. Real bad, sorry. I am actually 5 and I play with toys that everyone tells me are not toys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Where you been bro? We've missed you;)

Yeah, no one else plays with as many Radioshacks!

• Like 1

I saw @Kol__ referenced me on this thread and I was like uh oh, did I say something I shouldn’t have?  :wacko:

Wheeew.. not yet!  :lol:

Oh and sorry in advance!  :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

I only joined last August and really enjoyed the site and most of the people on here seem great. I co-own a large gaming focused forum and the behaviour there certainly makes me value the general civility and camaraderie here.

However my experience here has been spoiled somewhat since a very prominent poster took offence to me. Apparently I forget to say thanks after he answered a question I had posed and rather than engage me he decided to just block me!

Strange behaviour and even more baffling as the user in question recently wrote a post which I took real offence to (he made a joke about a condition my son struggles with). Mods here have simply ignored my reporting it.

I have much bigger worries to deal with in life at the moment but it is a shame as it does directly impact my enjoyment of the site which I had used as a bit of escape. 

Please DM me as whilst I may of not had a look at the reported post it may of been addressed by another Moderator. You won’t always get an individual targeted reply telling you what we have or haven’t done though. Offence is an interesting problem we deal with as lots of people take offence with very innocent things. Send me a message and I will take a look

• Like 1

I've always thought this forum is the most interesting and informative as well as definitely friendly of all the forums I've joined in the past! Some I've not visited in years because (and it doesn't thrill me to say this) they just got uninteresting! But this forum  I go to practically every night after work because the topics of conversation help me to unwind! Quite a lot of the time I just browse but enjoy what people have to say about our brilliant hobby! But I can never remember anyone being disrespectful?.  Jeez I belong to a work forum for work colleague's up and down the country and that is unbelievably (want of a better word) rotten you give your opinion on that site and a torrent of abuse you get is bordering on illegal:unsure:  but I suppose you can't legislate for the stupid-_-

• Like 3

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Oh no, that's not the end of it. He is part of the lipo + brushless fanboy club as well and insist that if I do not go down that route, I am nothing. When I tried to explain that I am in a no lipo zone where I cannot actually legally order lipo, he said I should go kill myself. Eh? 

Actually, I'm on your mates side now!!!!

Suicide is going a bit far though,

Can I suggest euthanasia instead???

Lol, just in case you thought I was serious

• Haha 1