V8 Rumble

Old guys lol

Hey Guys,  I always check the bottom of the page and see the ages of all of us. I'm gonna be 47 next week and still play with these toys cars lol. I don't see ever stopping. 

Just think it's great to see people keeping the hobby alive. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

47 a few weeks ago.  I've got one ace trick, I look 25.

But yeah it's feeling a little embarrassing at times :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Yeah, same age group.. 50's.. and can't see well any more. 

This is why I also play with 1:1 cars as those parts I can see!  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Some of the ages shown as birthdays etc are not all correct . I spoke to Chris about it and it's down to changes of the site etc so some are not acurate . For instance my age shows up as 101 next birthday , no way , I know I'll only be 99 ;) !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Uiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I have 59, made in April 8 but when I enter in the tamiya room with you guys in Tamiya Club ..... I'm back at 15.

It's the room "Back to the past" B)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

I’ll be 50 this year…

Same here. Our golden year. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I haven't hit 50 just yet.  

It seems most of us are born in mid 1960s to mid 70s.  Mid 1980s was the golden era of Tamiya RC, so perhaps many of our generation got swept up in it.  I'm glad that I didn't find cabbage patch or troll dolls remotely attractive, or else I'd be collecting these instead.  

xtp0BR0.jpg

jBrdlU4.jpg

P.S. In case you are wondering... these are NOT my collection!  lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

A massive 53 YO in June 😊

Happy with that TBH and actually genuinely surprised and grateful to have made it thus far 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Wow, I must be some sort of youngster on here then!:lol: I'm 42 this year, so I was in my teens in the mid 90's and we grew up from 11 or so years of age lusting over the likes of the 90's buggies such as the Madcap, Manta Ray and Top Force etc. With trucks like the Black Foot and Monster Beetle dominating our dreams!

At times I do feel like a big kid with this hobby, but that said it can be rather technical and highly creative if you choose it to be. So, to that end, they maybe 1/10th radio controlled cars, but it's what you do with them that counts!...

...hold on a minute, where have I heard that sort of justification before!?;):lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Juggular said:

jBrdlU4.jpg

P.S. In case you are wondering... these are NOT my collection!  lol.

You say these aren't yours @Juggular, but I swear I can see your face in the middle there somewhere?

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Wow, I must be some sort of youngster on here then!:lol: I'm 42 this year, so I was in my teens in the mid 90's and we grew up from 11 or so years of age lusting over the likes of the 90's buggies such as the Madcap, Manta Ray and Top Force etc. With trucks like the Black Foot and Monster Beetle dominating our dreams!

At times I do feel like a big kid with this hobby, but that said it can be rather technical and highly creative if you choose it to be. So, to that end, they maybe 1/10th radio controlled cars, but it's what you do with them that counts!...

...hold on a minute, where have I heard that sort of justification before!?;):lol:

Yes a spring chicken at 42 , I'm in second place behind Busdriver at the mo. Come on !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am 51. Oddly enough, I didn't have a Tamiya buggy as a kid, and I am not nostalgic for my childhood or youth.

• Like 6

52 here.  In the same camp as @Mrowka; I didn't have any hobby grade RCs until about 12 years ago.  It's more about carving out some quiet time for myself, and not about nostalgia.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

You say these aren't yours @Juggular, but I swear I can see your face in the middle there somewhere?

No, that must be Smeagol's face. Definitely not me. 

WO6XQJk.jpg

I'm not good at photoshopping... so Smeagol looking like he's staring at the troll's b-hind was not my intention. (whatever floats Smeagol's fancy is fine by me...) 

• Haha 4

49, been at this since I was 13, more or less. (RC, not troll dolls.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Turned 47 at the end of March. Actually I had a chat about this over two years ago with my brother, who was the one of us that had Tamiyas BITD. He could report that most of the guys in the Lego movement not surpricingy are on his age (he is now 45).

He still has them all (the Nikkos and the Yankee glow buggy as well) , but is now mainly doing Lego on a let's say it regional level and 1:1 cars. 

• Like 3

42 here too!  Born in 1980, missed the real nostalgia of the 80s buggies, but due to being the youngest in a long line of cousins, most of my stuff was hand-me-downs, including the toys.  So I was playing in the late 80s with toys that belonged to my cousins in the mid-70s.  I had a couple of well-used Tamiya RCs in the 90s and half a dozen Mini 4WDs, but I had no idea Tamiya was such a big thing, or that proper racing clubs existed, until way later.  In my late teens I caught some news show where they were racing nitro buggies not far from where I lived, and I pestered my family to take me along, but I never got there.

Now I'm in the vintage racing scene, I meet loads of people who were just that bit older than me and who raced hard all through the 80s and 90s while I was donuting my King Cab around my gravel driveway on my own.

I even put an ad in the LHS when I was about 14 or 15 asking for like-minded people to get together and start a club, I met a couple of older guys in a disused car park, they had nitros that wouldn't run, and true to form my Mud Blaster and Grasshopper both stopped working within 10 minutes of getting there, so I had to kick around for 2 hours waiting for my parents to pick me up.

I guess I had the desire to be into RC in my childhood, but circumstances kept me very much doing my own thing.  I'm still like that now - quite happy chopping stuff to make it how I want it, not how everybody else's is (which is the polar opposite of the racing scene, really).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Juggular said:

I'm not good at photoshopping... so Smeagol looking like he's staring at the troll's b-hind was not my intention. (whatever floats Smeagol's fancy is fine by me...) 

Bahahahaha! Classic!:lol: God knows the evil things Smeagol is dreaming up there!:blink:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

I met a couple of older guys in a disused car park

This is very concerning @Mad Ax:blink::lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’m 45. 1987 was an influential year for me, family member had a Hot Shot & I had a Hornet.

• Like 3

54 next birthday, still have and run my Sand Scorcher that I saved for and bought when I was 14 !

• Like 3