Sign in to follow this  
Morinstal

Morinstal's G6-01 build

Hello all

Just want to share some photos of my g6-01. I dont have detailed photos per steps, but ill add some photos with explanations.

Explanations first :

1. This is a budget build, i dont want to buy parts from overseas due to tax and shipment cost, and just use what i have and buy one i need from local market.

2. This is 4wd with 2ws setting, coz i want to add some speed and minimize drags from gears and from when turning left / right, and its simple. ( CMIIW)

2. As you can see in the photos, this is a g6-01 with extended arms, im using DF03 arms instead of wt01, coz i dont have it, and i have some df03/ra junks, so im using it XD.

3. You are going to need some shims/spacers for the arms, coz its not 100% fit, im using m4 0,8 and 0,2mm combinations.

4. the DF03 rear arms have slight toe degree so the wheels toe position will be like this in normal setting

I  front  I

\  mid   /

\  rear   /

5. Im using brushless motor 10,5t and 60amp esc, with 18t pinion gear at the moment.

6. The steering radius is fine. You cant do small donuts like with 4ws,  though.

7. Arms turnbuckle link is 70+/-mm (eye to eye), servo turnbuckle link is 85+/-mm.

8. Wheels and tires is just standard 1/10 adventure/crawler wheels.

I think thats all. Impression : this kit is fun !!

Notes: Feel free to ask / comment. Im still new in the rc world, still need to learn alot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Morinstal said:

20220417_090214.jpg

Nice 4 wheel drive.  The front steering has a much better angle without the drive cups binding

Yea, the turning radius as you can see in the vid is small enough. But i dont think i would want to do that full turn in full speed, the drag/force from mid and rear wheel is too high it makes the front wheels wobble even in slow speed XD

Turning radius looks fine for the size, and as you said, you don't want it too tight most of the time. 

Looks like a cool build, and should be pretty fast and stable but also a good off Roader when needed.