Sign in to follow this  
morrisey0

Porsche 956 Mk.5 Build

Hello Tami World!  I have actually been a member here since 2006, but haven't really posted anything.  Over the past couple of years, I have gotten back into vintage RC, but more AE RC10/RC10L/RC12L focused, but for the past couple of months have put together a few Tamiya (or Tamiya based) vehicles.  I thought I would revisit this forum and post some pics of the Tami builds.  There are a couple more on deck, but my next series of vehicles are going to be vintage Traxxas, so not sure when another Tamiya will come back up.

Of the Tamiyas I have done recently, the Mk.5 was the most fascinating to me.  I had no clue Tamiya created anything close to this.  I ended up getting stupid lucky and found one cheap on eBay (actually the first Mk.5 I ever saw), and bought it as soon as I saw it.  I will say that this car was an absolute delight to build.  Everything that needed to be kept cleaned up well, and everything that needed to be replaced was sourced quickly and affordably.  The hardest part to find was the original blue endbell black motor, but a fellow member over at rc10talk.com helped me out with that.  The build went so smoothly that I didn't stop to take a lot of pics, and it went from before to after pretty quick. 

tamiya 956 1.jpg

956 BUILD 1.jpg

956 BUILD 2.jpg

956 BUILD 3.jpg

956 BUILD 4.jpg

956 BUILD 5.jpg

956 BUILD 6.jpg

956 BUILD 7.jpg

956 BUILD 8.jpg

956 BUILD 9.jpg

• Like 3

3Very well done.   I’ve liked the Racing Master chassis since I had  a 956 back in 1986.  I’ve had several since then and I was happy when the RM-01s came out a few years back.

This build warms my heart.

Many years ago, I was given a box of random parts and screws. In that box was enough spares to build an RM. I was probably 15 and had no idea what it was. I built it, put electronics in it and played with it for a while. I have no idea what happened to it after that.

This brought back some memories.