After bashing my Grave Digger Losi LMT RTR around, it resulted in needing full strip and rebuild. Due to the state of the grave digger shell, cage and snapped axle housing's I took the opportunity to try customise it. 

I struggled to get the JConcepts shells I wanted as I'm based in the UK but saw ModelSport had a single Ford 1979 F250 shell in, however it looks like this is 1" too short for the ideal fit on the LMT chassis and stickers say Ford F150 on?!?  so I've had to cut the shell at the back a bit and the archs don't fully line up unfortunately but it's turned out OK.
The stock battery holder had surprisingly snapped at the strap end where it mounts on the chassis so I've customised it and managed to make it sit lower in the chassis to try an get rid of the 'top heaviness' of the LMT.

I've painted the stock green plastics using Tamiya plastic black paint and the wheels.

Here are some pics, sorry they're not amazing;

52021425598_11462eeaed_b.jpg

52021640144_c5f228a40b_b.jpg

52021426783_57793a7040_b.jpg

52021899915_89b200ce2c_b.jpg

52021436468_c4776e41e7_b.jpg

I hope you like.

• Like 3

Looks great!  I like the silver body with black wheels.  I've heard its pretty common for the battery straps to break, which is why they include 2 of them in the box I guess.  How do you like the truck?  

On 4/24/2022 at 1:20 PM, 87lc2 said:

Looks great!  I like the silver body with black wheels.  I've heard its pretty common for the battery straps to break, which is why they include 2 of them in the box I guess.  How do you like the truck?  

Thanks, yeah I was uncertain on the silver, thought it might come out tacky but it's actually pretty clean. The rubber strap broke, but also the two screws that hold the battery plastic casing near the motor, one corner had completely snapped off!.

I love it, it's fantastic fun to speed around with on all terrains. I'm mainly an older Tamiya kit kind of guy so not owned anything like this before, but there's occasions where if I'm away or just want something a little tougher I needed something and the Losi LMT kinda fit the bill, although it's costly to initially buy.

• Like 1

Sounds like a perfect truck for what you were looking for.  It will certainly take a lot more abuse than most Tamiyas and you don't have to be so careful when driving it.