Sign in to follow this  
RichieRich

Academy buggies

There's not a ton of these buggies around so I thought I'd post mine plus a pic of a basket case I picked up on ebay. Currently, I have an SB Sport, a GV2 and this basket case SB Sport. Also, I have a small box full of random new/used Academy parts from previous junk purchases.

The SB Sport is a basic 4wd buggy. Out of the box, it didn't come with anything exciting. No slipper, plastic bodied shocks, bearings only for the diffs, a cast aluminum motor mount, threaded rod instead of turnbuckles. The only cool part is a set of CVDs for the front.

The buggy on the left has full bearings, lunsford turnbuckles, a slipper clutch, rpm ball cups, academy aluminum bodied shocks, AE TC3 diff screws and the purple machined aluminum motor mount. The basket case is essentially stock. It's missing bits, has screws in the wrong places all with a light coat of rust and looks like it was driven on the neighborhood streets with improper camber settings. Good news is that nothing is broken aside from the right front suspension arm. I don't think I'll do much with this other than clean it up and see if it can be combined with random new/used academy parts I have in my parts bin to make a runner. I'll post a pic of my GV2 here in this thread. If you have any of these buggies or any other Academy offerings, please share!

sb sports.jpg

• Like 3

I had a couple of these SB sports myself, so hard to find parts for. I ended up selling them