Champ85

30637 1/12 FANTOM EP 4WD Ext CRC-II

Number 11 in the Legendary Series from Kyosho, the Fantom EP 4WD Ext CRC-II is the last reincarnation of the famous FANTOM EP form!

MSRP 34980 JPY including tax.  Estimated released date:  July 2022.

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/rccar/vintage/30637.html

30637900-1.jpg

30637900-5.jpg

30637900-6.jpg

30637600-4.jpg

30637600-5.jpg

Notice the motor?

It's a Le Mans 480 Gold brushless.   Same spec as the already-released green/blue version at 21.5T, but anodized in Gold with matching label.

I'd be all over this car but I have no place to run it.  Beautiful chassis, like the Fandom EP 4WD released in 2020.

• Like 4

I have the Fantom EP and I will probably get this one too. These cars are a lot of fun, even if you don’t race. All you need is access to a tennis court!

Estimated release date of July 2022 so should be released by August 2023 then? If the Optima mid is anything to go by?

Anyone can point out the difference between this and the previous fantom besides the colour of the body?

Is it worth the wait or can I better get the other one which is cheaper and readily available...

1 hour ago, Tamiyastef said:

Anyone can point out the difference between this and the previous fantom besides the colour of the body?

I believe the biggest difference is the floating rear pod in the CRC-II vs solid rear mount in the previous chassis.  Notice the lack of a shock absorber in the previous chassis:

fantom-ep-4wd-chassis02.jpg

• Thanks 1

I find these cars to be absolutely gorgeous.  Have the first Fantom, I may never build it or run it but it is just such a work of art I am so proud to own it.  I may say that about all my Kyosho Rere cars.  Execution is just so fantastic.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:21 AM, Champ85 said:

I believe the biggest difference is the floating rear pod in the CRC-II vs solid rear mount in the previous chassis.  Notice the lack of a shock absorber in the previous chassis:

fantom-ep-4wd-chassis02.jpg

There is another different on the front end : there is added springs on top of the carriers to give a bit of suspension...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1