Sign in to follow this  
rwordenjr

Shipping UK lipo to USA

Does the UK not allow lipos to be shipped to USA ? Trying to get some of the core Rc 2s stick packs over here but not having any luck. 

I got some of the round case lipos here right from Amazon, "Gartpot" brand, 4000mah, 50c (currently unavailable though). Amain has them from Reedy "wolfpack" and the Gens Ace version. Probably going to be your best bet to source them here in the US due to shipping constraints. Was looking at these on Ebay since I need a few more packs myself. 4000mah round case 2s lipo

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies guys. I’ve got the USA versions already but am really trying to get those core Rc ones somehow because they’re the shortest confirmed ones I’ve been able to find. The gens ace and reedy ones are like 139mm long which is too much for application. I’ve also used the gartpot ones and they are shorter but still a bit longer than the core Rc ones 

• Like 1

Just now, rwordenjr said:

Thanks for your replies guys. I’ve got the USA versions already but am really trying to get those core Rc ones somehow because they’re the shortest confirmed ones I’ve been able to get. The gens ace and reedy ones are like 139mm long which is too much for application. I’ve also used the gartpot ones and they are shorter but still a bit longer than the core Rc ones 

Are you having trouble fitting them into a chassis? I havent had any issues fitting the Gartpots into anything (yet). Only problem is, can't seem to find them anywhere now. 

Are they still available? CORE-RC website doesnt seem to exist anymore

1 hour ago, Jeepy2013 said:

Are they still available? CORE-RC website doesnt seem to exist anymore

Yes, modelsport has them and so does a place called tjdmodels 

5 hours ago, Jeepy2013 said:

Are you having trouble fitting them into a chassis? I havent had any issues fitting the Gartpots into anything (yet). Only problem is, can't seem to find them anywhere now. 

They have worked great for me as well.  They seem to go out of stock but then come back in stock randomly.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Does the UK not allow lipos to be shipped to USA ? Trying to get some of the core Rc 2s stick packs over here but not having any luck. 

Do they refund you or just not let you place the order?

1 hour ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Do they refund you or just not let you place the order?

There is no option to even send to USA 

No, it is not legal to ship lithium at all unless the carrier has a dangerous goods licence. This rule came about due to MH370. I do not live outside UK but live outside UK mainland and have a terrible time getting lipo.

sPaVWtX.jpeg

I have to arrange for some complicated logistics to get them as no one will legally transport them. I even got my NiMHs intercepted and nearly destroyed. There are a small handful of carriers that ship lipos here but they usually are under business account and costs a lot.

https://www.gwp.co.uk/guides/shipping-lithium-batteries-faqs/#:~:text=No – you are not able,some services allow for exceptions).

If you want to see what this "a lot" is, go to HobbyKing, place a dummy order for lipo, see the shipping options. Then do the same with something else without lipo and see your shopping options. It is rumoured that HobbyKing had to close down its EU warehouse as it was sending lipos through regular mail and they got banned from using that service. I was caught out when my order (no lipo) did not even get to leave the  warehouse just as the ban hit.

Remember, UK is famous for its red tape and following of rules, so probably no one will send you lipos, at least not for cheap shipping. Amazon got fined in the past for sending prohibited goods and there are extremely careful now.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/23/amazon-uk-found-guilty-of-airmailing-dangerous-goods

Even things like a PlayStation is listed as prohibited goods (in error probably) and cannot me sent to be as I am not in the area covered by their own delivery service. 

12 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

There is no option to even send to USA 

try fusion hobbies they appear are able to send to usa.

3 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Thank you, will try them out 

On 5/4/2022 at 4:19 PM, Jeepy2013 said:

think they discontinued them.

Could be....that always seems to happen when I find a battery I like on Amazon......I buy some then they get discontinued! LOL :P

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:29 AM, DaveBuildsRC said:

Fusion is a no as well. Ughhh crazy ! UK has the smallest 2s stick lipos. 

32 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Fusion is a no as well. Ughhh crazy ! UK has the smallest 2s stick lipos. 

As I suspected. Problem is shipping lipo internationally is very expensive and few sellers will want to deal with the licenced carrier. 

https://norsk.global/uk-export-lithium-battery-capabilities/

And from HK, for a £40 battery... 

t0Y6I8B.jpeg