Sign in to follow this  
KEV THE REV

Sand Scorcher front body mount supports

Whilst restoring my vintage SS I thought I'd try to support the front from rocking on the single mount and thus damaging the nose area.  I had 2 plastic fittings in my spares box and with a couple of bolts and nuts it was done . I also made a full length Ali stiffening plate to help with chassis flex. 

20220512_110147.jpg

20220512_110159(0).jpg

• Like 6

The stiffening plate should be more than enough. I got one from rcmart last year for my original rough rider which I restored. Those plates make a big difference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mike in pa said:

The stiffening plate should be more than enough. I got one from rcmart last year for my original rough rider which I restored. Those plates make a big difference.

Cheers guys . Yes the plate makes a big difference without breaking the bank - or the body and radio box which are usually the casualties from the stock flex . These are simple to make from flat alu. sheet and using the original GRP plate as a pattern . I kept it narrower than the GRP one on purpose so it isn't too obvious when seen from the side

I was short of the original door mirror brackets , so I made them too . I thought about what to use and eventually came up with a couple of cheapo 1 metre tape measures I had lying around and the metal tips fitted the bill . A bit of filing and drilling , Tamiya M2 bolts with the head filed down , nut and washer on the inside and hey presto , mirror brackets. A bit of finishing and body paint will make them nice 

oops , pics below

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I must add a BIG thanks to Grumpy Pants , jonboy1, and Tamiybigstuff for their help with parts on this rebuild , cheers guys !!. 

• Like 3