GreatDane

A new Tamiya RC model?

Hi Guys.

I saw this Tweet from Tamiyainc below left showing which is likely a Toyota Truck and above a (new?) Toyota Le Mans car.

I haven't seen the Truck before. Just (****) curious.

Anyone?

tamiyainc.png

• Like 1

The LeMans LMP car was an older model on the F1 chassis, and the pickup looks like the VW Amarok that has been on a couple of truck platforms.

The truck at this end of the bottom row isn’t an Amarok, I’m pretty certain it’s a Toyota. The front is all wrong for the VW!!! Also it looks as if it’s got a deep truck bed!!

Truck on the left bottom looks like the new hilux (the bruiser lookalike on the CC01 platform) in a different paint scheme.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, berman said:

Truck on the left bottom looks like the new hilux (the bruiser lookalike on the CC01 platform) in a different paint scheme.

Aah yes, I think you're right.  I hadn't looked at the CC01 hilux before but in that livery it's quite stunning :)

• Like 1

I watched the Tamiya news channel or whatever it was called yesterday or the day before and the au Toms is new (GR Supra, GT champ).  I think the guy said it was on a TT02.  Set for release this summer. 

On 5/15/2022 at 11:53 AM, Willy iine said:

I watched the Tamiya news channel or whatever it was called yesterday or the day before and the au Toms is new (GR Supra, GT champ).  I think the guy said it was on a TT02.  Set for release this summer. 

I just gave the Tamiya AU Toms Toyota GR Supra GT500 (TT-02) a Google too, it looks awesome! Set for delivery into UK early July from the looks of it. I might see if I can pick up the shell for my TT-02:)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, berman said:

Pretty sure that was based on the 2018 / 2019 Xtra Cab Hilux.  I seriously considered getting one of these to have a go at doing a CC01 with Monster Racer livery..... I still might one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thommo said:

Pretty sure that was based on the 2018 / 2019 Xtra Cab Hilux.  I seriously considered getting one of these to have a go at doing a CC01 with Monster Racer livery..... I still might one day.

Yes your right. I really think this might be a new shell. It looks a newer model and is lower on the chassis than the CC01 hilux. I love the livery!! Not sure what chassis, maybe the new XV02 ???

• Like 2

@Busdriver   You have me interested now...  If this comes out on the XV02 chassis, I would almost certainly have to build a Monster Racer / Prerunner tribute !

Edit#  Looks very muck like CC01 front bumper :(

37 minutes ago, Thommo said:

@Busdriver   You have me interested now...  If this comes out on the XV02 chassis, I would almost certainly have to build a Monster Racer / Prerunner tribute !

Edit#  Looks very muck like CC01 front bumper :(

🤔

When the new Hilux came out I thought it ought to have a racing livery

03627A43-84BA-4797-8D45-17612713A53C.jpg

• Like 4

The Lemans car looks interesting as it's not the older TS050. But the livery is identical to the newer GR010, so that's a new body and pretty cool. I do love the look of the Supra. GT500. Really glad Tamiya are back making super cool GT bodies. 👍

James.

• Like 1

I might (probably) be mistaken, but to me the bumper in that Toyota Dakar looks a lot like the one on the Asterion XV01T... and the XV01T is a great candidate also, can they be going the XV02T way?

I tried to turn my Asterion into a Dakar`esque truck (not pretty) but managed to pair it with a Kyosho Pajero Dakar body and it has been loads of fun... The XV01T is a great car to play Dakar.

Also, the TT02 Chassis already had a truck variant, the Sandshaker...

Edited by Kalamity
duplicate