I was commissioned to build this CC-01 of my friend and copied his 1:1 FJ Cruiser's appearance the best way I could. But since I don't fancy out-of-the-box builds, I decided to modify lots of parts. Some were ordered while some were extras of mine.

crNI8gsh.jpg

CTl0jcSh.jpg

First off, bearings. Install full sealed bearings.

LlGN5Pbh.jpg

XsJBcY2h.jpg

xL3Q7EPh.jpg

Universal shaft for CC-01/FF-01/TA-01/02

74pGbfQh.jpg

Aluminum suspension: lower arms, upper arms, knuckles

sKSWlRLh.jpg

S9JMCrfh.jpg

51OLFnah.jpg

Aluminum upper link, lower link (adjustable), aluminum link and shock mounts

IF4HCdnh.jpg

BFAHIyuh.jpg

I installed the diff lock for the rear. Also shimmed the rear axles to eliminate the huge slop of the diff housing.

Aluminum motor mount and aluminum servo mount

2MsJyE9h.jpg

ufV9t4Rh.jpg

Metal beadlock wheels - The closest I could find to match the TRD wheels installed on the 1:1.

MbiKzPwh.jpg

oltZRYsh.jpg

bsVKiO4h.jpg

39NXSmQh.jpg

JDERDO8h.jpg

HW 1080 ESC. - Changed the plugs. T for the battery, XT for the motor

H1FQgM1h.jpg

kRYx5sJh.jpg

Installed an RX box to secure from getting wet,

wRY7l6fh.jpg

• Like 1

Now for the body, I used airbrush for the silver and black parts instead of using the supplied decals. Then for the white, I used Tamiya PS-1

AqZHwmNh.jpg

uPCRtfIh.jpg

1kdQdJwh.jpg

HFfg7XWh.jpg

fYf5vRxh.jpg

PFnpZ07h.jpg

t9B2bwxh.jpg

NEK2hpqh.jpg

Black and silver  accents complete

cCR7Vrih.jpg

u63Yacih.jpg

RxERUpXh.jpg

X6AXtW7h.jpg

UFbHhfIh.jpg

• Like 1

Added panel lines and painted the spare tire cover to flat black

YvY7pWih.jpg

HMuJ2dbh.jpg

SFoUOjfh.jpg

m7b1015h.jpg

• Like 6

Beautiful but please please please cut the posts 😃 Meant to add from some angles it’s hard to tell the real one from the CC01. Could you get some plates made for it. Not sure I recognise the style but there are various suppliers around the Globe that do different styles/nationalities.

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Beautiful but please please please cut the posts 😃 Meant to add from some angles it’s hard to tell the real one from the CC01. Could you get some plates made for it. Not sure I recognise the style but there are various suppliers around the Globe that do different styles/nationalities.

For sure I will cut the posts before handing my friend this one. :)

• Thanks 1

Great job on the masking and painting... Its actually a bit of a challenge this body and a rewarding result.  Wheels and mods all look great too !  Smoked or tinted windows would help match with the 1:1 version.  I used a fair bit of reinforced tape inside the body to cut out some body flex.  Like you, I also painted all of the black outs around the wheel arches, sill panels and bumpers.  I normally resist bombing other members threads with my own cars but I cannot resist this time around... :)  Hope you like it !

008 (Large).JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

Great job on the masking and painting... Its actually a bit of a challenge this body and a rewarding result.  Wheels and mods all look great too !  Smoked or tinted windows would help match with the 1:1 version.  I used a fair bit of reinforced tape inside the body to cut out some body flex.  Like you, I also painted all of the black outs around the wheel arches, sill panels and bumpers.  I normally resist bombing other members threads with my own cars but I cannot resist this time around... :)  Hope you like it !

008 (Large).JPG

Nice! I'm just not a fan of wrapping the black and silver parts with stickers. I'll try to get some smoke paint and spray the windows to tint them.

• Like 1

Great build really nice job on the paint the black and white goes well together :)

• Like 1