Misterp180

Can a NIMH fit in a shortie LiPo RC

59 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Buying out of Japan, I'm guessing off a street vendor, no, proper licenced outlet, you'd maybe have a valid case to be okay to use imo (if whats bought is on the legal list, uk outlets usually only stock legal stuff)

There's also the, helping support the UK RC model industry

When I go out east later this year, I will definitely not be buying off a street vendor given that the price out there is 50% or more cheaper than the UK (online prices on websites are far higher than shop prices). 

Normally I do buy from UK retailers as the postage from East wipes out any savings and the possibility of import "fines" can make it more expensive than to buy locally. But since I am already going out there for £800+ a pax, got to buy enough (no just RC) to justify the cost. 

Anyway, we maybe going way off topic, OP did not state he races or not (given that he was looking at NiMHs, my guess is probably not) or where he is based, so all this rule may not even apply. 

A side note is good thing that I don't race, if not these old brand new lipos my friend was about to bin but since I am going there soon, will pass to me. This many lipos just about hit the limit of what we (not sure if children has a Lipo "allowance") are allowed to safely bring onto a plane. 

G0Yb0Nh.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

we maybe going way off topic

Naa, can't imagine we'd ever do that....🙄🤣

14 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

OP did not state he races

Nope, but if you're buying a race car ,and have all the correct equipment to begin with ,then....🤷‍♂️

Although, charger wise , I still stand by buying a decent charger (not that expensive either imo), from a reputable outlet (I'd say that about a shorty too),  especially if someone is uncertain about the safety of lipo tech (only reason I can think of, why you wouldn't want to go lipo) 

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

only reason I can think of, why you wouldn't want to go lipo

Well, my reason, as I think you already know, is due to logistics. Only went lipo when I managed to sort that out. 

Side tracking again... I had recently blown up a Lipo in a vape device of only 800mah and knew about their destructiveness. Will be a bigger mess if it was a 5000mah battery. 

• Like 1