Hi, can anyone recommend a cheap but good gps to test the speed of my cars please. Been looking and fair amount at different prices.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Raptor1410 said:

Hi, can anyone recommend a cheap but good gps to test the speed of my cars please. Been looking and fair amount at different prices.

Thanks

I'm using a skyrc GPS speed meter, I got off ebay for £25.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Raptor1410 said:

Thank you, does it work ok? Does it save fastest speed? 

Yesterday's run. 

DtyDFZo.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raptor1410 said:

What car you got there?

On 5/21/2022 at 4:38 PM, alvinlwh said:

I use a cycle "computer" off Aliexpress for £15 or so. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_uvemEt

At that price, it might be worth getting one, just to test against the skyrc one I've got! 

35 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

At that price, it might be worth getting one, just to test against the skyrc one I've got! 

It will not have the g-force, acceleration, etc records of your skyrc one that is for sure. Only useful for people (like myself) who is interested in the top speed. I had checked it against a 1:1 scale Ford and seems to be accurate. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

It will not have the g-force, acceleration, etc records of your skyrc one that is for sure. Only useful for people (like myself) who is interested in the top speed. I had checked it against a 1:1 scale Ford and seems to be accurate. 

More the refresh rate I'm concerned about, with the cheaper ones.

Might be fine ,when sitting at a constant 69mph, but if you peak at 70 for only 5 meters, it might not register.

Just had a look, and mine has a 10hz refresh rate, which seemingly means it refreshes every 0.1 seconds.

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Might be fine ,when sitting at a constant 69mph, but if you peak at 70 for only 5 meters, it might not register.

Well, I have no intention of entering into the Guinness Book of Records, so a few MPH each way does not bother me. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Well, I have no intention of entering into the Guinness Book of Records, so a few MPH each way does not bother me. 😁

I didn't think it mattered either, then I was bumped off 3rd place by 0.7mph in the 2wd speed run thread on here 😫