I recently acquired another Juggernaut 2!!! B) It needs a little TLC and some sorting out of the BTA steering setups. It also has some nice hop ups on it like the Tamiya gold shocks, optional Tamiya blue chassis and other assorted (unknown brand) blue alloy parts.

The previous owner at some point only installed 4 lower links instead up uppers and lowers, I'm trying to identify these links so that maybe I can find 4 more. I'm thinking GPM maybe? It seems to work ok with just the lowers, so not sure if I should leave well enough alone....lol

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Nice Jugg!  Those shocks are worth a pretty penny these days, I'd sell them in a heartbeat :)   Interesting BTA setup, similar to what I do on my TXT trucks.  Not sure what those arms arms, but GPM is probably a good guess.  I've done the opposite before and just kept the top links and cut the bottom of the chassis plates off, works just fine with one link.  They're only there to keep the axle from wrapping itself under the truck.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Nice Jugg!  Those shocks are worth a pretty penny these days, I'd sell them in a heartbeat :)   Interesting BTA setup, similar to what I do on my TXT trucks.  Not sure what those arms arms, but GPM is probably a good guess.  I've done the opposite before and just kept the top links and cut the bottom of the chassis plates off, works just fine with one link.  They're only there to keep the axle from wrapping itself under the truck.

Thanks! I may just leave the bottom and go from there. It's actually similar to what a real mud truck here in Florida would use with a leave spring suspension, like you said to help with axle wrap. I think the springs are stiff enough that it shouldn't have any issues. Going to be working on it in the next few days. The truck also has a pair of Trinity "Revenge of the Monster" motors in it. Not sure what turn they are yet.

This truck is such a beast! :)

spacer.png

• Like 3

Those Trinity motors are stock "upgrade" 27t motors if I remember correctly, so won't be much faster than a stocker if at all.  They are great trucks, I like mine a lot.  I set it up as a retro racer and it's done pretty well.  

• Like 1

Nice Juggernaut! Looks in great condition & well modified. 

• Thanks 1

The motors are 27t "pro" motors, generally a lot faster than silver cans and lot's more torque, however these have been well used (and abused).

Someone also did a horrible job of replacing the brushes :o

Going to replace them with some new motors and replace the transmission housing. It has a few stripped holes and a few cracks from over tightening. :)

spacer.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

What does BTA stand for?

Great truck BTW 👍

"Behind The Axle"

• Thanks 2

Did a little Jugg transmission work last week. I ended up replacing the entire transmission housing, the original had some cracks in the screw holes from being over tightened. 

While I was in there, I installed all new gears and bearings (why not). I am waiting on a new shaft for the main spur gear, it looks like it might be a Jugg 1 shaft, it's not quite long enough to go into the other case half all the way and is not threaded to install the heat sink on the gearcase. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4